DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

GPS Dead Spot?

Leo153

Reactions
Hello again...
Is it possible to have a GPS dead spot?
My MP runs great with my Crystal Sky 5" display. I practice flying in my back yard and the surrounding 1/4 mile radius. The for 2nd day in a row I got disconnected from the RC in roughly the same area. I'm happy the Mavic came back to it's home point on it's own. I'm not going to risk 3 in a row so I wanted to know if GPS can dump in the same area?
Thanks in advance- Leo

Your RC being disconnected has nothing to do with GPS, nor would you have a dead spot. There may be interference there that's blocking the transmission signal.

As above, GPS is nothing to do with the RC disconnecting.
Its quite common to have RC drop outs in urban areas. Household wifi, mobile phone masts and all kinds of things that share the spectrum can interfere with it.

Hello again...
Is it possible to have a GPS dead spot?
My MP runs great with my Crystal Sky 5" display. I practice flying in my back yard and the surrounding 1/4 mile radius. The for 2nd day in a row I got disconnected from the RC in roughly the same area. I'm happy the Mavic came back to it's home point on it's own. I'm not going to risk 3 in a row so I wanted to know if GPS can dump in the same area?
Thanks in advance- Leo

If the drone came back it means GPS was working fine. Without GPS it would not have come back.
Like other mentioned it is likely to be interference (dead spot) on the link between the RC and drone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929