DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

GPS icon - will it ever get fixed?

nuggetz

Reactions
Maybe I'm just old and losing my eyesight but I can't be the only one who has a hard time seeing how many satellites one is currently locked onto. Will DJI ever fix this? How many updates do we need addressing the battery? If they're so proud of the current GPS signal implementation and have no plans on modifying it then at least it would be nice if they could allow us to click on it to show more details like they do for the battery. Would literally take 10 minutes of coding to add this or increase the font. Anyone from DJI lurking these forums? Probably not huh.

Maybe I'm just old and losing my eyesight but I can't be the only one who has a hard time seeing how many satellites one is currently locked onto. Will DJI ever fix this? How many updates do we need addressing the battery? If they're so proud of the current GPS signal implementation and have no plans on modifying it then at least it would be nice if they could allow us to click on it to show more details like they do for the battery. Would literally take 10 minutes of coding to add this or increase the font. Anyone from DJI lurking these forums? Probably not huh.
I am in the same boat. Its too hard to see if you're using a phone as the screen, tablets have it better. And ya, you need to bark at them over at DJI... seems they do listen to some suggestions.

It's not a high priority, as it won't let you take off until it has acquired enough satellites to set the home point. It rarely changes during flight, except to get better, unlike the remaining battery. which is critical and constantly changing, which they just fixed.

Reactions: hiflyer201
UAV Forecast will tell you how many sats should be available. If you don't zoom into the sky immediately after it says Take off permitted, and indicates that the home point has been updated, it will probably lock most if not all the sats that UAV Forecast shows..

the icon could be improved perhaps. but its never going to be big enough for everyone..

All they would have to do is give us a setting that allows us to decide how big to make the font. I like all of them BIG!

All they would have to do is give us a setting that allows us to decide how big to make the font. I like all of them BIG!
Its an interesting Idea. but I doubt its going to ever happen.. I think the better way would be to place a gray bar along the top to highlight the info... though then some will complain that its interfering with the video.... who knows..

Time to get and Ipad Pro 12.9in ;)

1597115786737.png

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Myofb89