DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

GPS Tracker for Mavic

I would do that myself in the future . Let me know which one you get and if your happy with it

I've gone with the trackimo and a tile, just a little bit of extra security.

just curious, but what would be the purpose for a GPS tracker? is the flight log on the app not adequate?

Yes but everybody seems to be praising the trackers maybe its just another way of marketing an unnecessary gadget

The amount of posts on here where people cannot find their Mavic's after emergency landings etc. With the tracker in place I will be able to go straight to it irrespective of the log, gps status etc of the mavic. For the extra comfort it provides it's a no brainer for me. May not be everyone's cup of tea but its up to the individual

I won't take off without one, at least if flying over a wooded area. So many posts about loosing drones, that could have been found with a tracker.

I use a Trackimo, but I know the Marco Polo is also excellent. Cool thing about the Trackimo is that it can be used to track anything (luggage when traveling or mavic case if stolen) It uses the same charging cable as the Mavic RC. Pros and cons to all trackers that are well documented on this forum.

When flying over water I use a getterback. At least with DJI Refresh, it will be helpful for recovery.

Which tile and how have you mounted The TRACKIMO?
Just the regular tile, and use the rear leg printed mount for the trackimo. I will take a photo tomorrow for you (am at work at the moment). It all works well and have not noticed any reduction in flight time or performance since adding to the set up.

just curious, but what would be the purpose for a GPS tracker? is the flight log on the app not adequate?

The purpose is to find a lost (crashed/flyway/stolen/failed to RTH) Mavic.

The main logs of the mavic are stored on the mavic. If its lost then you don't have that info. The Remote controller will keep some data as long as the Mavic is connected. But the problem again is flyways, failed to RTH and so on usually happen right after or around the same time as the controller gets disconnected and from then on no log or location of where the mavic went.

Next thing is even if we estimate where the mavic crashed based on log's some times it still can't be found or take several days to find it even if you were within a few feet of it. This is due to terrain, bushes, trees, tall weeds/grass. GPS reciever will give you a better idea of where it currently is and force you to look hard in that area then just a guess from the last known position in the logs when maybe right or it might have drifted off or continued flying home for a bit longer and it now 1/4 mile away from last known spot.

The Marco Polo is not region specific as it uses no cell or satellite service. Its all self contained transmittor and receiver combo. But I'm not sure if there is any local vendors to you. The company is based out of the USA and is for sale from different websites including Amazon.

Just ordered the Rewire Security 102 V2 just need a mount for it now If I Velcro it to the mavic what is the post position to mount it without interfering with any signals

I bought drone insurance through state farm and am calling it good. Marco polo is expensive (>$200) and my insurance doesn't have a deductible. So I see no need for a tracking device.

I went with Trackimo - got a good deal via eBay for a new inactivated unit. Works a treat and very easy to use. Fit mine to my Mavic with the bracket sold by this chap...

The video shows the RV16 but he does one for the Trackimo too

Took 4 days to arrive... clips on/off in seconds and does not upset the balance.

I'll probably bag a tracker when I'm feeling a little more flush. At the moment I'm, pretty much, keeping the Mavic in sight. When I start to get a little more adventurous I'll definitely want/need one.

I went with Trackimo - got a good deal via eBay for a new inactivated unit. Works a treat and very easy to use. Fit mine to my Mavic with the bracket sold by this chap...

The video shows the RV16 but he does one for the Trackimo too

Took 4 days to arrive... clips on/off in seconds and does not upset the balance.
I saw a review on Amazon that stated this holder places the GPS in a bad location that upsets the Mavics sense of direction and a crash is imminent?! Have you found any issues?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kia-6098.111