DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

GPS Tracker is Relevant

Sorry for the delay, I use the Ultralight model. 90+ % of my flying is desert / mountainous flying. Well outside cellular coverage.

Hey turn thank you for your response, it seems that you are an adventurous man

Is 60g too heavy for the Mavic ? If not this might work and seems cheap Spytrack Nano

Does anyone know of a GPS tracker that works with a sim card but is free of monthly subscriptions ?

Reactions: ryanolivas
My drone is insured so no need for tracking decice [emoji6]
I got hussled by the 48 hour thing into buying the DJI cover but in hindsight I have now realised for just a few pounds more I could have got insurance which would have been a better bet (however not sure if it would cover me if I lost my drone in the sea which is my major fear and where I do most of my filming).

I got hussled by the 48 hour thing into buying the DJI cover but in hindsight I have now realised for just a few pounds more I could have got insurance which would have been a better bet (however not sure if it would cover me if I lost my drone in the sea which is my major fear and where I do most of my filming).
A guy here rented scuba gear to get his from a river/lake

Is 60g too heavy for the Mavic ? If not this might work and seems cheap Spytrack Nano

Does anyone know of a GPS tracker that works with a sim card but is free of monthly subscriptions ?

I used trackimo this tracker weights 42 grams only. The service and the product quality is pretty good based on my experience :) try to read and review their product in this web so that you can decide carefully of what tracker that is good for you :) here is the link Trackimo® 3G GPS Tracker + 1 Year GSM + Free US Shipping

Reactions: Chipmunksky
A guy here rented scuba gear to get his from a river/lake

Mad monkey I don't have experience in this kind of situation yet but for sure there is an exact tracker for this kind of situation and I don't have any idea of what it is.

No tracker is going to help you once you are in the water. As soon as they are bellow the surfice of the water you are going to get no signal regardless of how waterproof your tracker is. Use a float bag system to keep your tracker above the water and make your insurance claim for a new drone.

Well unless your tracker is safe inside the Waterproof box there will be no problem at all :) Yes float bag also can be useful

Well unless your tracker is safe inside the Waterproof box there will be no problem at all :) Yes float bag also can be useful
It really won't make much difference if it was. Radio signals do not penetrant water very well at all. Water is just too dense. Give it a try in your swimming pool with a moder waterproof phone. Signal will disappear rapidly.

It really won't make much difference if it was. Radio signals do not penetrant water very well at all. Water is just too dense. Give it a try in your swimming pool with a moder waterproof phone. Signal will disappear rapidly.

Yea water is dense I don't usually fly near big areas that occupied with water it reduces the chance of retrieving your fallen drone :)

The Achievements of GPS are endless.No doubt. make people’s lives easier than it is now. Security and tracking of location become much easier which makes GPS more relevant to people's life.

The Achievements of GPS are endless.No doubt. make people’s lives easier than it is now. Security and tracking of location become much easier which makes GPS more relevant to people's life.

Yea I agree GPS tracking is for multi-purpose it can save lives too ;) I have with me my 3G GPS tracker.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots