Welcome Mavic Pilot!
Jump in and join our free DJI Mavic community today!

GPS Tracker is Relevant

msinger

DJI Drone Expert
Approved Vendor
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
I've not yet tried Marco Polo yet but can i ask you a question sir msinger? Can i locate my drone using via Web, iOS, or Android app?
This is a radio tracker, so it's not possible to see its location on a map. You need to manually locate the tracker like this:

ryanolivas

Reaction score
This is a radio tracker, so it's not possible to see its location on a map. You need to manually locate the tracker like this:

So this is how marco polo works .. Ahh marco polo uses radio tracker, while trackimo works excellent in real time tracking. Thank you for your info about marco polo product sir

BerndM

Reaction score
I would guess that the Marco Polo tracker would in fact be a sort of real time tracker in that the little arrow
on the display will (should) always point pretty much toward the drone even as it is flying

ryanolivas

Reaction score
no real time with marco polo
think of it as a Geiger counter where after the fact,its used to pinpoint your drone.
I see there is no real time in marco polo we really need to pinpoint.

ryanolivas

Reaction score
I would guess that the Marco Polo tracker would in fact be a sort of real time tracker in that the little arrow
on the display will (should) always point pretty much toward the drone even as it is flying
Well i am satisfied with my trackimo 3G GPS tracking device :)

BerndM

Reaction score
As long as you are not in the bottom of a canyon or in dense forest and able to get good GPS coverage, Trackimo would be fine.
If the GPS or cellphone coverage was poor or non existent, you would have to rely on an RF radio tracker

Koelkop

Reaction score
I am sure installing a tracker gives people more confidence to fly.

I have now covered 2800km with my mpp without a tracker and all my flights are way beyond los on private property. So far the quad never went into ATTI mode, or disconnected from the RC. The app has disconnected a few times but that does not make the drone fly off into the sunset.

Losing your drone due to the app alone crashing is not going to happen except when you panic and do something silly.

I also find it highly unlikely that the craft will go into ATTI mode while the app crashes AND your remote control disconnects, all at the same time. But I could be wrong.

Reactions: ryanolivas

Ulvir

Reaction score
At distances of more than two miles, the Marco Polo tracker aint no good suh..

Reactions: ryanolivas

ryanolivas

Reaction score
As long as you are not in the bottom of a canyon or in dense forest and able to get good GPS coverage, Trackimo would be fine.
If the GPS or cellphone coverage was poor or non existent, you would have to rely on an RF radio tracker
Trackimo use 4 different technologies to accurately Locate anything Worldwide. GPS utilizing Global Positioning Satellite technology to locate outdoor within 30-150 feet (10-50 meters) accuracy. Wi-Fi is used for indoor tracking and Bluetooth for the last 10-60 feet (3-20 meters).

ryanolivas

Reaction score
I also purchased a LOC8TOR. It' a lot cheaper and works well from about 100 yds. I haven't had to use either of them in a lost drone scenario, only testing them in a field.
What kind of drone do you have?

ryanolivas

Reaction score
Quite true but you know what direction you were flying and you have the last recorded position. Go in that direction until you pick up the signal.
Hey Turn11 What tracker do you have?