DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

GPS Tracker is Relevant

I've not yet tried Marco Polo yet but can i ask you a question sir msinger? Can i locate my drone using via Web, iOS, or Android app?
This is a radio tracker, so it's not possible to see its location on a map. You need to manually locate the tracker like this:

I would guess that the Marco Polo tracker would in fact be a sort of real time tracker in that the little arrow
on the display will (should) always point pretty much toward the drone even as it is flying

I would guess that the Marco Polo tracker would in fact be a sort of real time tracker in that the little arrow
on the display will (should) always point pretty much toward the drone even as it is flying

Well i am satisfied with my trackimo 3G GPS tracking device :)

As long as you are not in the bottom of a canyon or in dense forest and able to get good GPS coverage, Trackimo would be fine.
If the GPS or cellphone coverage was poor or non existent, you would have to rely on an RF radio tracker

I am sure installing a tracker gives people more confidence to fly.

I have now covered 2800km with my mpp without a tracker and all my flights are way beyond los on private property. So far the quad never went into ATTI mode, or disconnected from the RC. The app has disconnected a few times but that does not make the drone fly off into the sunset.

Losing your drone due to the app alone crashing is not going to happen except when you panic and do something silly.

I also find it highly unlikely that the craft will go into ATTI mode while the app crashes AND your remote control disconnects, all at the same time. But I could be wrong.

Reactions: ryanolivas
As long as you are not in the bottom of a canyon or in dense forest and able to get good GPS coverage, Trackimo would be fine.
If the GPS or cellphone coverage was poor or non existent, you would have to rely on an RF radio tracker

Trackimo use 4 different technologies to accurately Locate anything Worldwide. GPS utilizing Global Positioning Satellite technology to locate outdoor within 30-150 feet (10-50 meters) accuracy. Wi-Fi is used for indoor tracking and Bluetooth for the last 10-60 feet (3-20 meters).

I also purchased a LOC8TOR. It' a lot cheaper and works well from about 100 yds. I haven't had to use either of them in a lost drone scenario, only testing them in a field.

What kind of drone do you have?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS