DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

GPS Tracker is Relevant

ryanolivas

Reactions
Having a tracking device on your drones are really important in order to have a better flight. When we fly up our drones we are taking the risk because we do not know what might happen accidents are always there. It is better to have one in your drones so that when accident comes we can easily retrieve them because we have always an eye to them. I'm just sharing how to show love and care of our drones.

agreed,i have a marco polo and a trackimo on mine
my 2 mp and evo each have their own marco polo and trackimo is shared
can never be too cautious;)

Reactions: eek and Yoda007
If you live in one of those "waste of money" areas where there is no cellular phone service then you might need an RF tracker which is totally independent of any outside connectivity requirements
I have this unit that I purchased from a guy in New Zealand
Check it out
Note the price listed (old) is in NZ dollars which worked out to about $86 US shipped

NOTE....technically you are required to have a Tech class Ham Radio licence to legally use this

RC Tracker Set – beacon + receiver + antenna – PMB-NZ – rcbeacon.com

agreed,i have a marco polo and a trackimo on mine
my 2 mp and evo each have their own marco polo and trackimo is shared
can never be too cautious;)

Doesn’t the MP give you a location of your last GPS location if it goes down through the screen?
Does an additional tracker only come into play if you have a battery failure?
Can you give me a couple of examples of where a tracker would come into play more then the built in version?

I have thought about getting one. I have seen several nice 3D printed mounts for them, but have not fully wrapped my head around the need yet.

Doesn’t the MP give you a location of your last GPS location if it goes down through the screen?
Can you give me a couple of examples of where a tracker would come into play more then the built in version?

I have thought about getting one. I have seen several nice 3D printed mounts for them, but have not fully wrapped my head around the need yet.
If the app crashes or your RC disconnects ~ your logs will stop recording, and your last recorded location will be the location of the drone at that moment. If the drone is still airborne and especially if it has switched to ATTI mode, the apps last recorded location will not match the location of the crash site. However, there are a few geniuses on these forums who can take the incomplete logs and give a very accurate estimate of where the drone most likely landed/crashed.

If the app crashes or your RC disconnects ~ your logs will stop recording, and your last recorded location will be the location of the drone at that moment. If the drone is still airborne and especially if it has switched to ATTI mode, the apps last recorded location will not match the location of the crash site. However, there are a few geniuses on these forums who can take the incomplete logs and give a very accurate estimate of where the drone most likely landed/crashed.

That makes sense. I had not taken that into account. I have not had my app crash, yet.
If the app crashes and you are a fair distance away, will it reconnect when you start the app back up or is there a reconnect range limitation?
I’ll look into a tracker just in case.

That makes sense. I had not taken that into account. I have not had my app crash, yet.
If the app crashes and you are a fair distance away, will it reconnect when you start the app back up or is there a reconnect range limitation?
The app will reconnect when you restart it. And, it's important to note, when just the app crashes, you will still have full flight control via the RC.

Reactions: Bugg77 and hawk3907

I am a trackimo GPS tracker user.. As far as i know and base on my experienced using trackimo will really give you a great quality performance if you don't mind try to visit the website of trackimo for more information about there products i hope this info will help you;)

Reactions: hawk3907

Sir just a piece of advice.. :) Choose a GPS tracker that has a Real time tracking performance because this will provide you GPS and GSM connections instant, highly accurate current location and history.

Reactions: hawk3907
Only problem is if your quad goes into the drink you've lost your drone AND your tracker.:(

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54