DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

GPSfailure mavic won't take off

Is the rear GPS and compass not a single module? So if module fails, GPS and compass would both fail?

I thought compass one was rear compass, based on previous firmware updates where drone switched out to compass 2 when compass 1 experiencing high interference from large current to rear motors.
At least that's how I understood the 'Compass redundancy switch' warning to work.

So Mavic been at repair shop for 3weeks, they have received and installed new GPS module, but has not fixed the problem, have ordered a new main PCB board to replace...
Which will probably take another 3 weeks... and hopefully solves the problem.
Maybe should have just returned to dealer, and got a refurb in 6w from China...

I have been mavic-less for over 4 weeks now! Need to up the antidepressants!

Have update from repair shop:
Replaced GPS module - no change in error
Replaced main board - no change in error
Are now going to replace the other PC board (which apparently sits above the main board and controls most of the sensors) - waiting for stock, should receive this week. If that still does not solve the error, will motivate with DJI for a replacement unit.

So if it fixes it, seems I'll be getting a mainly new mavic inside an old shell back... Hope something works!

I have been mavic-less for over 4 weeks now! Need to up the antidepressants!

Have update from repair shop:
Replaced GPS module - no change in error
Replaced main board - no change in error
Are now going to replace the other PC board (which apparently sits above the main board and controls most of the sensors) - waiting for stock, should receive this week. If that still does not solve the error, will motivate with DJI for a replacement unit.

So if it fixes it, seems I'll be getting a mainly new mavic inside an old shell back... Hope something works!

Any update on this issue? I'm on the same boat here, already replaced gps module with no luck...

Any update on this issue? I'm on the same boat here, already replaced gps module with no luck...
After replacing the GPS/Compass module, the main PCB, the flight board, and installing another new GPS/Compass module, still with no change in errors, plans where finally made to return to DJI... (after7 weeks)

And once I had DJI approval and case number for exchange, a few days later I got call from repair centre, they had re-installed the first replacement GPS/compass module, and everything was working perfectly. So I fetched it, it still had its skin on (minus 2 small holes they had cut for screw access) and has been flying brilliantly ever since. No more GPS errors, compass errors, compass reduncancy switches, random NFZ errors.

So somewhere in the 8 weeks something decided to work, and has kept working since.

Reactions: newguy
After replacing the GPS/Compass module, the main PCB, the flight board, and installing another new GPS/Compass module, still with no change in errors, plans where finally made to return to DJI... (after7 weeks)

And once I had DJI approval and case number for exchange, a few days later I got call from repair centre, they had re-installed the first replacement GPS/compass module, and everything was working perfectly. So I fetched it, it still had its skin on (minus 2 small holes they had cut for screw access) and has been flying brilliantly ever since. No more GPS errors, compass errors, compass reduncancy switches, random NFZ errors.

So somewhere in the 8 weeks something decided to work, and has kept working since.

Great, seems like a total random issue at all... I have already replaced the second gps module, same results. Maybe there's some kind of software issue then. Will try another firmware downgrade, update. This is really weird...

thanks for posting!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada