DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Grading & LUTs for M2Z

JacobT

Reactions
Hi all, I have been out with my M2Z and have been having a brilliant time and getting some great photos. However, I am looking to take my video footage and photos to the "next level" as such. I have been looking at many different LUTs and filters, as well as ND Filters, however I don't know which LUTs will work best as I've never used them before. Does anyone have any recommendations? Ideally under £50. and obviously for M2Z. Also, as I said, I have been looking at ND filters and wonder if anyone recommends any? Currently im deciding between the DJI filters and the Freewell ones. Any advice would be greatly welcomed. I have attached two photos, one edited and one un-edited that I edited myself and from my most recent flight and I can't seem to get the grain out of them. ISO is always 100 as low as it can go. Any ideas?

Thanks for all the help, this forum has been fantastic and I have only been here less than a week. Wishing you all a fantastic and successful new year!

Jacob :)

Attachments

• DJI_0019.jpg
    DJI_0019.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 97
  • DJI_0019.JPG
    DJI_0019.JPG
    610.4 KB · Views: 94
I can't answer the question. I like the image - panorama? But the second image is a 1/5 of the original which would lead to quality loss.

Reactions: JacobT
I can't answer the question. I like the image - panorama? But the second image is a 1/5 of the original which would lead to quality loss.

It was a RAW image but not panorama. I had to convert to JPEG to upload to forum. Hence it is 600kb and the edited one is 3.3mb if that’s what you mean?

Hi all, I have been out with my M2Z and have been having a brilliant time and getting some great photos. However, I am looking to take my video footage and photos to the "next level" as such. I have been looking at many different LUTs and filters, as well as ND Filters, however I don't know which LUTs will work best as I've never used them before. Does anyone have any recommendations? Ideally under £50. and obviously for M2Z. Also, as I said, I have been looking at ND filters and wonder if anyone recommends any? Currently im deciding between the DJI filters and the Freewell ones. Any advice would be greatly welcomed. I have attached two photos, one edited and one un-edited that I edited myself and from my most recent flight and I can't seem to get the grain out of them. ISO is always 100 as low as it can go. Any ideas?

Thanks for all the help, this forum has been fantastic and I have only been here less than a week. Wishing you all a fantastic and successful new year!

Unfortunately i wont be commenting on the photos bit, as i primarily use my drones for video, so i dont tinker with taking pictures at all and only take some panorama and super res pics on the auto modes. So i can not assit you in post processing of pics. With regard to ND filter i bought fstop nd filters when i got my zoom and i have been very happy with them they fit extremely well good build quality and what i especially like is that they give you a polarized version and non polarized version of each nd filter, nd 4-nd 16. I also aditionally bought their nd 32 and nd64 pack but it was a bit of waste as i have not once found lightening condition when more nd 16 polarized was needed. The link is.... Lens Filters for DJI Mavic 2 Zoom... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GM9RRFV?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf. These nd filters came out before the dji ones existed so i dont know how well the dji ones worked. I bought these f stops ones when i got my zoom as i was not going bother trying film with it at all without nd filters. Personally i love the polized nd filters, the video i get requires very little post processing and color correction. However i realize for pros they might not like polarizers, it depends if you shoot in d cinemalike, and do all your color in post production. If you not a pro i would recommend polarizer nd filter you get great footage out box with vibrate color. With this fsrop set you atleast get both polarized and not polarized. With regards to LUT i dont really need use them due to the above my out box video from zoom with nd polaried video is so good i rarely have do much color correction.,and if i do so i do it manaully in davinci resolve 15. I suggest if you want more input on LUT, that you perhaps start by posting what video edting software you use, that may assit people in recommendations.

Unfortunately i wont be commenting on the photos bit, as i primarily use my drones for video, so i dont tinker with taking pictures at all and only take some panorama and super res pics on the auto modes. So i can not assit you in post processing of pics. With regard to ND filter i bought fstop nd filters when i got my zoom and i have been very happy with them they fit extremely well good build quality and what i especially like is that they give you a polarized version and non polarized version of each nd filter, nd 4-nd 16. I also aditionally bought their nd 32 and nd64 pack but it was a bit of waste as i have not once found lightening condition when more nd 16 polarized was needed. The link is.... Lens Filters for DJI Mavic 2 Zoom... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GM9RRFV?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf. These nd filters came out before the dji ones existed so i dont know how well the dji ones worked. I bought these f stops ones when i got my zoom as i was not going bother trying film with it at all without nd filters. Personally i love the polized nd filters, the video i get requires very little post processing and color correction. However i realize for pros they might not like polarizers, it depends if you shoot in d cinemalike, and do all your color in post production. If you not a pro i would recommend polarizer nd filter you get great footage out box with vibrate color. With this fsrop set you atleast get both polarized and not polarized. With regards to LUT i dont really need use them due to the above my out box video from zoom with nd polaried video is so good i rarely have do much color correction.,and if i do so i do it manaully in davinci resolve 15. I suggest if you want more input on LUT, that you perhaps start by posting what video edting software you use, that may assit people in recommendations.
Just to add to my comment here is a example of what my footage looks like with these fstop nd filters, i am no pro lol but having fun...

Reactions: ff22 and JacobT

Thanks for your response! I use FCP X. Those filters look great and your footage looks amazing. Thank you!

Thanks for your response! I use FCP X. Those filters look great and your footage looks amazing. Thank you!
Thanks, i have lot more footage if you interested :) :) :) personally i would hold off on n32 and n64 if i was you, as i mentioned above i havent needed them so far. The nd4 nd8, nd16 normal and polarized set i gave link to should be sufficient. I am not sure where you based or what you want to film but i am in south africa and we have pretty tropical conditions most of year and even filming on beach in summer here with lots of light, i havent needed anything above nd 16 cpl. It give me nice motion blur, and polarizer stops any color loss or that washed out affect. Not sure if you have expereince with nd filters but just a tip... These filters for zoom have a turn wheel so you can adjust the polarization affect on the lens. I would suggest holding them up to a window and adjusting them by looking at it woth one eye, before putting them on you mavic zoom. A lot people try adjusting filter while its already on zoom and its a pain to try adjust the lens while trying look on you phone display, and your hand covers the lens lol. There lot youtube video guides too. After i adjusted mine, i take pen make small mark on turn wheel and edge of lens, because the other thing that often happens is while putting on or removing nd filter you might move turn wheel polarization setting. Its happened to me in the begining, then you are left scratching your head wondering why you first flight footage looks great and second not so much lol

Thanks, i have lot more footage if you interested :) :) :) personally i would hold off on n32 and n64 if i was you, as i mentioned above i havent needed them so far. The nd4 nd8, nd16 normal and polarized set i gave link to should be sufficient. I am not sure where you based or what you want to film but i am in south africa and we have pretty tropical conditions most of year and even filming on beach in summer here with lots of light, i havent needed anything above nd 16 cpl. It give me nice motion blur, and polarizer stops any color loss or that washed out affect. Not sure if you have expereince with nd filters but just a tip... These filters for zoom have a turn wheel so you can adjust the polarization affect on the lens. I would suggest holding them up to a window and adjusting them by looking at it woth one eye, before putting them on you mavic zoom. A lot people try adjusting filter while its already on zoom and its a pain to try adjust the lens while trying look on you phone display, and your hand covers the lens lol. There lot youtube video guides too. After i adjusted mine, i take pen make small mark on turn wheel and edge of lens, because the other thing that often happens is while putting on or removing nd filter you might move turn wheel polarization setting. Its happened to me in the begining, then you are left scratching your head wondering why you first flight footage looks great and second not so much lol

Ah I see. Well I’m in Scotland so can hardly imagine I’ll need an N64[emoji23]. I’ll check them out thanks for your help mate!

Reactions: mavic24theclouds
Ah I see. Well I’m in Scotland so can hardly imagine I’ll need an N64[emoji23]. I’ll check them out thanks for your help mate!
No problem Jacob, have fun and we look forward seeing more of Scotland from you mavic zoom :) i also have agree with your first post the forum really is awesome, lot nice people and helpfull information mation, its cool community, i have learned a lot.

Hi Mate

I'm in sunny Newcastle and I use the standard DJI filter pack which is great

Have you tried a close up image of something bright? The images will always show grain when zoomed right in so try something sharp and bright and close up.

As far as the luts go, which editing package do you use? I use Vegas Pro and Premiere Pro CC ad there's a few free luts you can find in links on Youtube

Enjoy!

Hi Mate

I'm in sunny Newcastle and I use the standard DJI filter pack which is great

Have you tried a close up image of something bright? The images will always show grain when zoomed right in so try something sharp and bright and close up.

As far as the luts go, which editing package do you use? I use Vegas Pro and Premiere Pro CC ad there's a few free luts you can find in links on Youtube

Enjoy!

Hi. I use Final Cut Pro X. I’ve got a few free LUTs off YouTube but they don’t always fit the colours of mood of the shots I want. Also, do you feel the filters from DJI were worth £80? Because I’m thinking I’ll just buy an ND8/ND16 stand alone.

Cheers

Hi. I use Final Cut Pro X. I’ve got a few free LUTs off YouTube but they don’t always fit the colours of mood of the shots I want. Also, do you feel the filters from DJI were worth £80? Because I’m thinking I’ll just buy an ND8/ND16 stand alone.

Cheers

It depends on what you can afford. The £80 is for a set of four (4/8/16/32) and for my shooting these cover everything I need. I've used them all and I'd prefer to have them all at the ready. I get my stuff from Heliguy in Newcastle and you get points which you can then cash back in on subsequent orders Mavic 2 Zoom ND Filter Set - UK Dealer - Heliguy

Cant comment on Final Cut but maybe just learn some tutorial stuff on grading. I'm doing the same with Premiere Pro. It's hard work but I'm starting to get to grips with it now.

How you finding the Zoom?

It depends on what you can afford. The £80 is for a set of four (4/8/16/32) and for my shooting these cover everything I need. I've used them all and I'd prefer to have them all at the ready. I get my stuff from Heliguy in Newcastle and you get points which you can then cash back in on subsequent orders Mavic 2 Zoom ND Filter Set - UK Dealer - Heliguy

Cant comment on Final Cut but maybe just learn some tutorial stuff on grading. I'm doing the same with Premiere Pro. It's hard work but I'm starting to get to grips with it now.

How you finding the Zoom?

Thanks I’ll give them a shot then. And yeah the zoom is amazing. Have taken it up north this week and been really impressed with the results. I’ll put some posts up over the weekend. And I’ll look into some grading tutorials. Thanks!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming