DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gran canaria recreationally flying.

Cobyoshi

Reactions
Hello
I have recently arrived in Gran Canaria and I want to fly recreationally. I looked at this map and cant tell where is ok to fly my spanish is not good . But the website also does not explain what restrictions are attached to these zones coloured areas. There is no English version on the site either. Can anyone explain? I really don't want to risk breaking any laws.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191225-104214_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20191225-104214_Chrome.jpg
    260.4 KB · Views: 40
  • Screenshot_20191225-104237_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20191225-104237_Chrome.jpg
    208.3 KB · Views: 40
I will be out there in March and had planned on using my MM around the island but based us in the west and will just use it there. Wifey will be checked in for a spa day and I will hire a Vespa and take the drone for a run.

Have a great trip and would like to hear where you ended up flying if you care to share.

Thank you so much for the response. I really appreciate it. Merry Christmas. It appears that the only area to fly is in Aldea an ugly industrial zone not much fun but good to know. It's very strict here.

Puerto de le Aldea is where I will head first then see what I will find down the coast but by car. Since it is so strict there I do not want to waste Vespa day looking for flying places! I did a week with Canary Motorcycle Tours in Nov 2017 and one of the guys in the group was using a drone everywhere including in Picos de la Nieves. No idea if he was aware of restrictions or just took chances but I do not fancy taking a chance.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98