DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Strange Drone sign in Gran Canaria

CJG

Reactions
Buenos tardes Señors,

As readers of another thread will know, I left my drone at home, whilst going on a walking holiday of Gran Canaria: too many restrictions, and I’m law abiding!

Whilst coming down from Roque Nublo to Tejada, we came across the following road sign:

IMG_6653.jpeg

We get the “Attention Motorists” and “3 victims in 5 years” but what is the pictogram part of the sign about?

Helicopter, drone, scanner and bicycle? Have drones in “follow me” mode chasing a bicycle caused accidents?

Not exactly self explanatory!!

Any answers?

Thanks guys

My impression is that the further you go past that point the signal fades completly off .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the River .

Thanks folks. Very interesting. I instinctively thought it was anti-drone but maybe not. Even if I was not law abiding, I wouldn’t have flown my drone at Roque Nublo: was like Piccadilly Circus! There is a car park near by and everybody used that. Not walking all the way up like we did!!

Police enforcement via radar, drone, or helo.

Reactions: Aerophile and CJG
That seems to be the answer @MA2 317: but why are cyclists singled out?

That seems to be the answer @MA2 317: but why are cyclists singled out?

Looks like the sign is directed to motorcyclists, and not bicyclist.

Note the full head helmet of the graphic.

Not too many bicyclists were full helmets.

Must be a curvey, fun road to get some speed and G's from riding a motorcycle.

Apparently three screwed up in the past five years.

Yes I can see that now! Makes sense as there is an inordinate number of motorcyclists here: few wearing protective gear ……

Reactions: MA2 317
Bicycle is bici in Spanish. Notice it is talking about motoristas.

Riding a bicycle will most likely mean they'd need to speed up to the speed limit, not stay off the speed limit.

Or it could be something else.

Ever have one of those days?

They have some helicopters with a radar and also use drones to pick people's infractions while driving, but it's just propaganda.

They appear on the TV flying the drone to strike fear in drivers, and then never fly it again except a week or two each year for special propaganda campaigns.

They don't have enough traffic agents to enforce the rules on secondary roads, so they just put propaganda signs for a 365 effect.

PS: Fun fact, recently a radar equipped copter pilot crash-landed and gave positive on cocaine and anfetamine.

Last edited:
Buenos tardes Señors,

As readers of another thread will know, I left my drone at home, whilst going on a walking holiday of Gran Canaria: too many restrictions, and I’m law abiding!

Whilst coming down from Roque Nublo to Tejada, we came across the following road sign:

View attachment 166171

We get the “Attention Motorists” and “3 victims in 5 years” but what is the pictogram part of the sign about?

Helicopter, drone, scanner and bicycle? Have drones in “follow me” mode chasing a bicycle caused accidents?

Any answers?

Thanks guys
Let me help its saying theres been 3 cyclists killed by motoristas, car drivers in last 5 years . And there is speed monitoring by drone and helicopter. I live in Spain and have flown there in GC, quite a few mountains

Let me help its saying theres been 3 cyclists killed by motoristas, car drivers in last 5 years . And there is speed monitoring by drone and helicopter. I live in Spain and have flown there in GC, quite a few mountains

Thank you. :)

Buenos tardes Señors,

View attachment 166171

Any answers?

Thanks guys
Easy one- Attention motorists- there are helicopters , drones, and cyclists in the area to watch out for.

Dale

Reactions: CJG
Bicycle is bici in Spanish. Notice it is talking about motoristas.

Riding a bicycle will most likely mean they'd need to speed up to the speed limit, not stay off the speed limit.

Or it could be something else.

Ever have one of those days?
Best drone video I've seen on this forum for years!

Dale

1689623861475.png

• Haha
I would guess it is telling you traffic laws are enforced by helicopter and drone survalance.

B
Easy one- Attention motorists- there are helicopters , drones, and cyclists in the area to watch out for.

Dale
But what about the scanning symbol over the motorcycle? I’m leaning to the helicopter and drones enforcing speed limits.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne