DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gravity: An Eyewitness Account

Great footage pre crash !!
You had parts in stock ?
That’s organised.
Well done on getting it fixed and flying same day.
Thanks.
I had a new landing leg sitting around from a an old vibration issue I worked on months ago. I replaced the gimbal ribbon with a used one I had taken off from another gimbal. It's amazing it worked.
Actually I have not replaced the broken limit tab on the gimbal base. I have a new set of legs, ribbons and a new base on order.

oh man I'm so sorry to hear that. the video was great until the crash. luckily it landed on the ground and not up in the trees. my friend has his up in a tree and were trying to figure out how to get it down. I'm determined to get it back for him.
I hope you do! Such a feeling of helplessness as it was falling through the branches. I was quite lucky. If it remained in the tree, I'd have to get the chain saw out!

Reactions: MIGUELVM360
You were lucky it didn't get stuck in the tree. I always fly with a gimbal cover on my Mavic Pro. It doesn't interfere with photo/video taking. Maybe one would have saved you some work. Great video btw!

Well done! Is like a fairy tale with a happy end! :)

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
I dreaded watching this. It was like watching Freddie Kruger approaching a sleeping victim or Bela Lugosi's shadow looming over a castle window and the camera pans into the bedroom showing a sleeping beauty with long tresses. The music was ominous, setting me up for the disaster to ensue. Well done!!!

Screen Shot 2020-05-14 at 10.23.26 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-05-14 at 10.23.26 AM.png

Extremely well done, both the video and the repair. It's a great reminder that even repeated travels along the same flight path can turn into a disaster. Thank you for sharing, and I'm extremely jealous of the video editing skills to boot!! Thank goodness the damage wasn't far worse.

Trees are beautiful........until they start growing and blowing, then they suck!

First ever beautifully filmed, titled, edited Hollywood quality movie of a crash with a happy ending I have ever seen. I was welling up after the incident expecting tragedy but then the tears dried & a satisfied smile returned to my face. A proper example of a beginning, middle & an end! Well done Sir!! ?? (& I really mean it too!!)

I wish my movies were this good on a normal day! (I really need to learn how to post edit, add music & titling, I have Adobe Premier Pro in my Adobe subscription but my day to day work as a sign designer doesn't require it!!...yet)

PS love the choice of font used & positioning of the text between the trees...

Happy to see she flies again..

You were lucky it didn't get stuck in the tree. I always fly with a gimbal cover on my Mavic Pro. It doesn't interfere with photo/video taking. Maybe one would have saved you some work. Great video btw!
I find your use of a gimbal cover interesting. Are you using just the outer cover and not the stabilizer clip? I've never tried that. One of my unverified concerns was that the cover would prevent air flow through the front vents. I dunno. But if you are not having problems, maybe I should try it. I am currently using a "one piece" cover that contains the gimbal stabilizer all in one. Of course that won't work. I'll have to dig up my original cover.

I dreaded watching this. It was like watching Freddie Kruger approaching a sleeping victim or Bela Lugosi's shadow looming over a castle window and the camera pans into the bedroom showing a sleeping beauty with long tresses. The music was ominous, setting me up for the disaster to ensue. Well done!!!

View attachment 101304View attachment 101304
Thanks... It was an awful experience I just had to share. Even though it was gusty, it was all my fault.

Extremely well done, both the video and the repair. It's a great reminder that even repeated travels along the same flight path can turn into a disaster. Thank you for sharing, and I'm extremely jealous of the video editing skills to boot!! Thank goodness the damage wasn't far worse.
Thanks for your comments. Good thing I had a few spare parts.
I think I was too comfortable flying this way, and I needed this experience to "bring me down to earth". ?

First ever beautifully filmed, titled, edited Hollywood quality movie of a crash with a happy ending I have ever seen. I was welling up after the incident expecting tragedy but then the tears dried & a satisfied smile returned to my face. A proper example of a beginning, middle & an end! Well done Sir!! ?? (& I really mean it too!!)

I wish my movies were this good on a normal day! (I really need to learn how to post edit, add music & titling, I have Adobe Premier Pro in my Adobe subscription but my day to day work as a sign designer doesn't require it!!...yet)

PS love the choice of font used & positioning of the text between the trees...

Happy to see she flies again..
Thank you for your kind comments.

Trees are beautiful........until they start growing and blowing, then they suck!
You got that right! These trees are all around my house. I have fought them for years; having to keep a watchful eye, and dealing with the signal attenuation.

Thanks for sharing. Happy for you that your bird has eecovered.
As it crashed through the branches, I had visions of no flying for weeks. I was lucky in spite of my careless piloting.

I find your use of a gimbal cover interesting. Are you using just the outer cover and not the stabilizer clip? I've never tried that. One of my unverified concerns was that the cover would prevent air flow through the front vents. I dunno. But if you are not having problems, maybe I should try it. I am currently using a "one piece" cover that contains the gimbal stabilizer all in one. Of course that won't work. I'll have to dig up my original cover.
Lens Hood Gimbal Camera Sunshade Cover For DJI Mavic Pro Drone Accessories GA | eBay This is the cover that I bought on eBay. It does not restrict airflow because it is open in the front. It attaches like the clear cover does.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucian