DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gray camera button, dial won’t work

Bratwurzt

Reactions
Hi All,
I’m new here and looked for the answer before posting this but can’t find one. I’m one day away from punting my Mavic off a bridge! After the latest firmware update my camera keeps auto focusing, can’t take pictures or videos because the camera button is gray and won’t work. The dial to move the camera won’t work either. No notifications that gimble is disconnected. Updated IMU, took the memory card out, down graded firmware only to upgrade again, tried my iPad with same results. I have an iPhone 6 Plus. Any ideas?

Thank you

Hi All,
I’m new here and looked for the answer before posting this but can’t find one. I’m one day away from punting my Mavic off a bridge! After the latest firmware update my camera keeps auto focusing, can’t take pictures or videos because the camera button is gray and won’t work. The dial to move the camera won’t work either. No notifications that gimble is disconnected. Updated IMU, took the memory card out, down graded firmware only to upgrade again, tried my iPad with same results. I have an iPhone 6 Plus. Any ideas?

Thank you

Welcome to Mavic Forums. You may want to download DJI's Assistant 2 program and do a Factory Refresh by connecting the Mavic to your computer and using the program. After you Refresh you can follow the prompts to update the FW. You will need to use the supplied cord that came with the Mavic.

Mavic Pro– Specs, FAQ, Tutorials and Downloads

Welcome to Mavic Forums. You may want to download DJI's Assistant 2 program and do a Factory Refresh by connecting the Mavic to your computer and using the program. After you Refresh you can follow the prompts to update the FW. You will need to use the supplied cord that came with the Mavic.

Mavic Pro– Specs, FAQ, Tutorials and Downloads

Thanks for the feedback, just tried that and still have the same issue.

Have you tried calibrating the RC as part of the calibration is to calibrate the camera wheel. Just a thought. Also in settings try cycling the AFC and any other camera switches on and off and vice versa. Sounds silly but often works.

^^True story... Also, if you switch from NTSC to PAL (or vice versa), this resets the camera.

Recalibrated the RC, didn’t work. Dusting off my old kicking shoes from high school
Maybe it’s time to send it back to DJI?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dochdgs