DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Great Places to fly in Northern California

Nice shots. Wonder if you have shot near Shasta or Lassen before? Not within the national park, but in the national forest. Any good recommendations from those who have been?
Have a couple days down there coming up and would love to get some shots!

I got some shots above Shasta Near Weed, CA
2019-02-16a Southern Oregon 4246a.jpg

I've taken some shots at Feather Falls, Near Oroville, CA:

One place I haven't done any areal shots at is Burney Falls State Park. I would love to get up there as those falls are amazing!

Reactions: pelagic_one
Has anyone received info about Lake Mendocino? Ive been itching to take my boat out and itd be great to take the Mmini as well
Have you tried flying at Lake Mendocino? It appears you’d just need LAANC approval to 400 feet. I’m planning to take a boat up there in a month.

Shon, I am a new pilot from paradise, table mountain is my old stomping ground, I am also new to bulletin boards. It looks like you did not take the table mountain video, or am I wrong. I am going up there next week while the flowers are still spectacular. Do you also live in the area? You asked about cool places to fly. The feather river canyon up hwy 70 is going to be my go to place once experienced enough. Also near but outside lassen is the highlands ranch resort on hwy 36. It is a beautiful valley with a picturesque barn. There is also hat creek/cloud falle on the north side of lassen to consider.

Shon, I am a new pilot from paradise, table mountain is my old stomping ground, I am also new to bulletin boards. It looks like you did not take the table mountain video, or am I wrong. I am going up there next week while the flowers are still spectacular. Do you also live in the area? You asked about cool places to fly. The feather river canyon up hwy 70 is going to be my go to place once experienced enough. Also near but outside lassen is the highlands ranch resort on hwy 36. It is a beautiful valley with a picturesque barn. There is also hat creek/cloud falle on the north side of lassen to consider.

Yes, I did take the Table Mountain Video. I used my old drone (Gopro Karma).

I'm thinking about Table mountain on either Friday or Saturday with family this week... but we may go to Feather Falls near Oroville Lake instead. If you have never been there... it is a long hike, but the falls are spectacular. Maybe not as beautiful as Burney Falls (I have yet to shoot drone videos at Burney), but spectacular in it's own way.

I appreciate the recommendations. I live in the Sacramento Area. I have had my eye on the Feather River Canyon. My mom lives outside Lassen in Shingle Town... and I have been to Hat Creek many years ago, but it was prior to owning a drone. Might be worth a second look. :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+