DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Greetings from a complete newbie in Rhode Island...

trippingpara

Reactions
Hello everyone. I just purchased my first drone, the Mavic Air 2S. I'm a landscape photographer so this is a natural progression for me. Right now, I'm keeping things light and staying purely recreational until I get more experience. I am planning on taking the Part 107 exam and using my drone for commercial purposes but right now I'm just trying to learn how to fly the bloody thing and not lose it or destroy it! It is surprisingly, a ton of fun though! Now I just need to learn where the hell are some good places to fly it at and not upset people or get myself into trouble...

Welcome from Connecticut. The Air 2S is my current favorite machine.

Rhode Island state parks and forests are off limits to take off and operate from without a special permit but the FAA controls the airspace so you should be able to fly just about everywhere in the state you can find a legal place to take off from.

There is lots of beach area that will be great to fly. Just remember that it isn't legal for a recreational pilot to operate the Air 2S over people so fly your drone on routes that avoid going directly over anyone.

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Greetings welcome to the forum!

Hello everyone. I just purchased my first drone, the Mavic Air 2S. I'm a landscape photographer so this is a natural progression for me. Right now, I'm keeping things light and staying purely recreational until I get more experience. I am planning on taking the Part 107 exam and using my drone for commercial purposes but right now I'm just trying to learn how to fly the bloody thing and not lose it or destroy it! It is surprisingly, a ton of fun though! Now I just need to learn where the hell are some good places to fly it at and not upset people or get myself into trouble...
Well… firstly welcome. This is THE forum imo. Experience of course decreases the fear of crashing and fly aways. I’ll let you know when I yield such experience lol. As far as upsetting people and where to fly… is a seemingly endless topic which has truly guided me on how where and when. My suggestion. Fly in the rain. Nobody much to comment eitherway. But you’ll need a wetsuit etc if interested try phantomrain.com. Fun stuff. Also he is a long time member of this forum. Just a thought. Best to you and Godspeed, Droniac

Welcome to the forum! :)

Here are some things to help you get started with your Air 2S:
  • The current Air 2S manual can be downloaded here (it doesn't come in the box). Other important documents can be found on the Air 2S downloads page.

• Check out this getting started guide for some tips not found in the Air 2S manual.

• This video covers all the basics of the Air 2S.

• Your drone batteries will last longer if you use and maintain them like this.

• Practice flying outdoors in a wide open location that's free of all obstacles. Don't attempt to fly inside your house or in other confined locations.

• The drone records flight data each time you fly. You can decrypt and view those flight logs with these tools.

• Check out MavicHelp.com for commonly used accessories you might need.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore