DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Greetings from the UK!

Olwyn

Reactions
Hi all, it's lovely to meet you; greetings from Derbyshire Dales, United Kingdom.

I've been lurking a little while, so I figured I'd make an account and drop in on some conversations, you all seem very friendly and helpful! I've been flying my Mini 2 for around 8 months now and just yesterday upgraded to a Mini 3 Pro - though, I'm a little annoyed that today is the day the weather has decided to chuck it down with rain! Rrg! Gives me chance to read through the manual again.

I got into drones through my enjoyment of photography and wanting to appreciate my surroundings from a different angle, the Mini 2 has been so much fun to use and I'm looking forward to using my new kit when the weather clears!

I've just got a quick question (I am positive the answers are already out there, but rather than trawling through endless YouTube videos I figured I'd ask here to see if anyone would like to weigh in): What piece(s) of software do you use for your video/photo editing and why do you like them? I've heard good things about DaVinci Resolve and I'll likely take a look into it, but I'm yet to get stuck into properly editing the photographs and video I capture.

Additionally, if there's anyone from the UK who knows about drone groups in the Derbyshire/Nottinghamshire area, it would be really nice to get involved!

Hello from the Crossroads of America Olwyn

, I'm a little annoyed that today is the day the weather has decided to chuck it down with rain! Rrg!

Not a problem with the use of this product from one of our vendors, Phantomrain.org .

Phantom Rain | Drone Protector / Wet Suits, Rescue Jackets, Landing Pads

I've just got a quick question

This site has nice search engine and DaVinci Resolve is used by some of the members that may help. 🤔

Search results for query: Davinci Resolve

Good luck and welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Thank you for the welcome!
And thanks for this, it's been a good few years since I've used a forum properly. I'll have a look through to see if there's a good starting place. :)

it's been a good few years since I've used a forum properly. I'll have a look through to see if there's a good starting place. :)
You just did 😉
Welcome to the forum.
Please and do be sure you have read our guidelines.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Welcome.
Regarding the Phantom Rain wet suit, I would have two concerns, one major and one possibly not applicable.
1) The cost and customs reaction to it, as I remember there is already a thread about Belgian customs questioning the valuation on the documentation of wet suits being sent to Belgium.
If HMRC do and levy an import duty, it might be 20% and then the carrier levies a collection fee. I think the last RM fee I got was in excess of £10 and that quite a while ago, possibly more than 10 years ago.
2) The weight, 8.5g?, would seemingly JUST put the drone over 250g.

Last edited:
Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum!

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

I've been flying my Mini 2 for around 8 months now and just yesterday upgraded to a Mini 3 Pro

Welcome from the Hampton Roads area of Virginia, USA. We have a Member's Map in the Upper Right of the Title Bar. Click on "Members" and then Click on "Member's Map…" Check it out and you might find some new flying friends.

Since you have been flying for a while, I will not go into the legal stuff yu need to be concerned with…

Use out Search feather, it is really powerful and if what you are looking for does not come up, change your search criteria… ie, "editing software" to editing video software".

I will advise you to watch YouTube videos, not just to learn how to setup your drones where the instructions are a bit vague, but also to learn how NOT to fly your drones by within the Blooper Videos where folks crashed their drones…

Below is the link to all of the downloads offered by DJI for the Mini 2 and the Mini 3, including the User Manuals.

Since the weather is lousy, After you read the Manuals, read them again, you will be surprised what you missed the first time and you will be better prepared for that first "scary moment…"

Happy Droning…

Hi all, it's lovely to meet you; greetings from Derbyshire Dales, United Kingdom.

I've been lurking a little while, so I figured I'd make an account and drop in on some conversations, you all seem very friendly and helpful! I've been flying my Mini 2 for around 8 months now and just yesterday upgraded to a Mini 3 Pro - though, I'm a little annoyed that today is the day the weather has decided to chuck it down with rain! Rrg! Gives me chance to read through the manual again.

I got into drones through my enjoyment of photography and wanting to appreciate my surroundings from a different angle, the Mini 2 has been so much fun to use and I'm looking forward to using my new kit when the weather clears!

I've just got a quick question (I am positive the answers are already out there, but rather than trawling through endless YouTube videos I figured I'd ask here to see if anyone would like to weigh in): What piece(s) of software do you use for your video/photo editing and why do you like them? I've heard good things about DaVinci Resolve and I'll likely take a look into it, but I'm yet to get stuck into properly editing the photographs and video I capture.

Additionally, if there's anyone from the UK who knows about drone groups in the Derbyshire/Nottinghamshire area, it would be really nice to get involved!
Welcome from the Sunshine Coast in Queensland, Australia.

Greatly miss Derbyshire having spent much of my life wandering among the hills and dales, especially Stanage and Curbar Edges. Not forgetting the compulsory coffee and cake stop at the Deli in Hathersage. Born in Nottingham but moved out here in 2006.

There is a big RC & Drone club (Trent Model Flying Club) in Nottingham that was started by an ex-work colleague of mine over 40-years ago. There was also a big glider club based in Derby that flew near Stanage but not sure if they are still around.

May be worth checking out the Nottingham & Notts Photographic Society. They’ll have quite a few drone pilots and from memory they used to arrange outings in and around Derbyshire, Rutland, Leicestershire and Notts.

The Peak District National Parks service have a ban on flights around much of the Peak District but there are still plenty of beautiful places to fly there.

Would love to see any aerial shots you take.

Hello from Minnesota USA and welcome to the Forum....Congratulations on your Mini 2 and now Mini 3 Pro great drones....I use 2 different software programs Adobe Photoshop for photos also Cyberlink PowerDirector 365 for video also photo...There's a lot of good quality teaching/feedback going on in here. Just ask, and the experts are great on providing good sound advice for you to apply and use... Remember to always Fly safely and fly smartly representing all of us drone hobbyist well.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Fly safe and have fun!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580