DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Greetings from the Åland islands, Finland!

Flygfoto

Reactions
Hi Guys!
My name is Peter Sjöberg, and I live in a small archipelago in the Baltic sea, between Sweden and Finland, called the Åland islands. Our native language is swedish, but we belong to Finland, even though we are self governed. Our culture is a mix between swedish and finnish culture, but I would say it is closer to swedish culture mostly due to the language (music, news, magazines etc.)

If you are interested, you can take a look at an aerial virtual tour that i have made of the islands here:

www.flygfoto.ax/aland360/

I have flown drones since 2014 when I bought my first one, and before that I hadn't almost even driven an RC car :)

The same year, I also registered my company, and started shooting photos for a local real estate agent, as a side hustle. After one year, they bought their own drone, but I continued to evolve and started making marketing videos for small companies here (which there are lots of, even in this small archipelago).

The models I have owned previously were:
1. DJI Phantom 2 Vision (one axis gimbal)
2. DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ (three axis gimbal)
3. DJI Phantom 3 Pro
4. DJI Phantom 4 Pro
5. DJI Mavic 2 Pro (still have it)
6. DJI Air 2S (still have it)
7. DJI Avata (still have it)
8. Skydio 2 (still have it)
9. FiFish V6S (ROV with gripper claw) (still have it)
10. DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced. (still have it)

The latter one, I actually got as a gift (brand new) from the richest guy on my island, mainly to help search for lost persons or animals. It is the most generous gift I have ever gotten, so I am now enlisted as a voluntary search and rescue resource in the local team :)

Right now, (funny enough) I work full-time as a photographer for the same real estate company that hired me when I first started my drone business. I shoot regular and aerial photos, virtual tours (360), and make videos for most of the enlisted houses/apartments on their webpage.

I still run my own company just for the fun of it, and to make some extra money. If you have any questions, just ask :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum!
Be sure to read the Community Guidelines. Unfortunately, some of the links you entered in your post had to be removed.

You are welcome to post your YouTube channel here: Members YouTube channel's ( ONLY POST LINK NOTHING ELSE )

Welcome to the forum.
Please and do be sure you have read our guidelines.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Hi Guys!
My name is Peter Sjöberg, and I live in a small archipelago in the Baltic sea, between Sweden and Finland, called the Åland islands. Our native language is swedish, but we belong to Finland, even though we are self governed. Our culture is a mix between swedish and finnish culture, but I would say it is closer to swedish culture mostly due to the language (music, news, magazines etc.)

If you are interested, you can take a look at an aerial virtual tour that i have made of the islands here:

I have flown drones since 2014 when I bought my first one, and before that I hadn't almost even driven an RC car :)

The same year, I also registered my company, and started shooting photos for a local real estate agent, as a side hustle. After one year, they bought their own drone, but I continued to evolve and started making marketing videos for small companies here (which there are lots of, even in this small archipelago).

3. DJI Phantom 3 Pro
4. DJI Phantom 4 Pro

The latter one, I actually got as a gift (brand new) from the richest guy on my island, mainly to help search for lost persons or animals. It is the most generous gift I have ever gotten, so I am now enlisted as a voluntary search and rescue resource in the local team :)

Right now, (funny enough) I work full-time as a photographer for the same real estate company that hired me when I first started my drone business. I shoot regular and aerial photos, virtual tours (360), and make videos for most of the enlisted houses/apartments on their webpage.

I still run my own company just for the fun of it, and to make some extra money. If you have

Hi Guys!

3. DJI Phantom 3 Pro
4. DJI Phantom 4 Pro

I still run my own company just for the fun of it, and to make some extra money. If you have any questions, just ask :)
Greetings from Colorado, USA 🇺🇸. WELCOME TO THE FORUM🎄

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Hello from the Crossroads of America https://mavicpilots.co/members/flygfoto.169756/.

Nice to meet you Peter. 🤝

Thanks for the link to virtually see your area. 👍

3. DJI Phantom 3 Pro
4. DJI Phantom 4 Pro

Hokey smokes. That's a hanger full of aircraft. 😊

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Thank you for the welcome! I'm happy if you liked the virtual tour :)

Yes, I have had a few drones during the years, and right now I have 5 + the FiFish V6s ROV, but since I also have two kids, a house and a summer house to take care of, I pretty much only fly the Air 2S and the M2EA.

But it is always fun to fly all of them from now and then, since they all have different functions/purposes and gives my creativity a boost :)

My name is Peter Sjöberg, and I live in a small archipelago in the Baltic sea, between Sweden and Finland, called the Åland islands.

Welcome from the Hampton Roads area of Virginia, USA. We have a Member's Map in the Upper Right of the Title Bar. Click on "Members" and then Click on "Member's Map…" Check it out and you might find some new flying friends.

Wow, what a great story and your web site is wonderful with so many great 360 degree Photospheres. I hope our member all check it out…

Just on the off-chance that you do not have it, here is the link to all of the downloads for the DJI Drones, including the user manuals…

Once again, Welcome aboard and Happy Droning…

Hi Guys!

3. DJI Phantom 3 Pro
4. DJI Phantom 4 Pro

You have done an incredible job with your website, the aerial virtual of the islands is incredible. It shows the amount of work that went into this project, amazing!!!

You have done an incredible job with your website, the aerial virtual of the islands is incredible. It shows the amount of work that went into this project, amazing!!!
Thank you, I appreciate that! Actually I have shot a 360 image here and there when I have visited different places either trough my own company when shooting something for a client, or when shooting a house for my full time job as a real estate photographer. So for most of the houses in the country side, I shoot an aerial 360 and then connects it to an indoor 360 tour of the house. Unfortunately it seems like you can't share links here for some reason, otherwise I could post a few links for different houses that I have shot.

So the tour of my island, I have done just for the fun of it, and to show our local tourist agency how they could promote our islands in a better way. Unfortunately they tought it was pretty cool, but didn't want to buy it for some reason.

Welcome from the Hampton Roads area of Virginia, USA. We have a Member's Map in the Upper Right of the Title Bar. Click on "Members" and then Click on "Member's Map…" Check it out and you might find some new flying friends.

Wow, what a great story and your web site is wonderful with so many great 360 degree Photospheres. I hope our member all check it out…

Just on the off-chance that you do not have it, here is the link to all of the downloads for the DJI Drones, including the user manuals…

Once again, Welcome aboard and Happy Droning…
Thank you! I wasn't aware of the map, so that was pretty interesting! Unfortunately there are no other forum members on my island, but I know that there are somewhere around 10 other photographers with drones here, and maybe a hundred that owns drones, but don't use them commercially.

Reactions: LoudThunder
Unfortunately there are no other forum members on my island, but I know that there are somewhere around 10 other photographers with drones here,
Perhaps you can start a club. Contact your local Parks Department and maybe they will sponsor it where the public can be invited. Or you can keep it small, contact a few of the folks you know and have them spread the word. We call that a "Grass Roots" effort and it might turn into a "Ground Swell" and lots of flyers will turn up and then the Parks Department will create a function around it.

But, on the bright side, you have the commercial business all to yourself. Real estate photos, tourist photos, commercial construction projects, fishing boat videos, and so many more options in your section of the world.

Good Luck!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juanfraf