DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Greetings from the DC SFRA

Seems to be a lot of regulations surrounding flight. I had never even thought about that, to be honest.
Deleted by OP, I posted this reply in the wrong thread, my mistake, my error, I am sorry, I was doing too many things at one time and posted that reply intended on another user who lost their drone on its very first flight.

Good Luck to you!

Last edited:
Reactions: wjkrysak
It's a state of mind, you considered your little toy drone as just that, "a Toy"… The FAA Does Not, especially now that FAA has almost 1-million drones registered… If the drones, like yours, weigh less than 250-grams (1/2-pound) and used strictly for recreational flying, then those drones are not required to be registered and there are lots and lots of them, probably counting in the millions.

Once you get your TRUST Certificate, you will be authorized to fly a drone that weighs as much as 55-pounds and a drone that large is capable of lifting a full grown adult… and fully capable of causing immense property damage with deadly results.

If you look at some of the YouTube videos of drones being flown up thousands of feet into the air, near airports, over cities, people, etc… you will start to realize just how dangerous an untrained, undisciplined drone pilot can be.

Even a small drone such as yours hitting an aircraft can cause a fatal crash.

The FAA primary concern is not enforcement, but the safe use of the airspace over the US. And that airspace includes the air even in your backyard. Once your drone lifts off the ground, you are in the US Airspace, entirely under the authority of the FAA.

So, let's fly by the rules and keep everyone safe.
Well, the biggest drone I can fly is a 6 motor "Vampire" night bomber, with a 6 round mortar bomb magazine. So I wouldn't say "toys".

I thought you were aware that I'm European, though, so we have a bit different rules here.
And since I fly combat drones I have never even considered civilian drone rules.

I was merely commenting on this whole new world of flight regulations etc opening up that I was mostly unaware of.

• Wow
Reactions: LoudThunder
Well, the biggest drone I can fly is a 6 motor "Vampire" night bomber, with a 6 round mortar bomb magazine. So I wouldn't say "toys".

I thought you were aware that I'm European, though, so we have a bit different rules here.
And since I fly combat drones I have never even considered civilian drone rules.

I was merely commenting on this whole new world of flight regulations etc opening up that I was mostly unaware of.
I erroneously posted that reply in your thread, please see my above posting, it was intended for someone else who lost their drone on its maiden flight.

Reactions: DesecratedClown
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rudyr