DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Greetings from Cyprus -

Phil_C

Reactions
Hi another) new Mavic Air owner/pilot here, ok, title a little misleading, but had to get it in. I live in the UK but come to Cyprus and the Middle East most months to do research, and am here now.

I'm looking forward to learning from you guys, I'm mostly interested in ecology and natural history and plan to use the drone to record and survey habitats for research rather than use it for making films, but I guess the core skills remain the same.

I'm particularly interested in putting flight paths and images into GIS so if anyone else is similarly inclined I'd love to swop notes.

First flights in anger were yesterday, when I got through three batteries having a play over a remote area miles away from anyone who could witness anything if I messed up :) - fortunately no mishaps.

Have fun and fly safe - Phil.

Reactions: dirkclod
Hi another) new Mavic Air owner/pilot here, ok, title a little misleading, but had to get it in. I live in the UK but come to Cyprus and the Middle East most months to do research, and am here now.

I'm looking forward to learning from you guys, I'm mostly interested in ecology and natural history and plan to use the drone to record and survey habitats for research rather than use it for making films, but I guess the core skills remain the same.

I'm particularly interested in putting flight paths and images into GIS so if anyone else is similarly inclined I'd love to swop notes.

First flights in anger were yesterday, when I got through three batteries having a play over a remote area miles away from anyone who could witness anything if I messed up :) - fortunately no mishaps.

Have fun and fly safe - Phil.
Howdy from Wyoming @Phil_C , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Reactions: Phil_C
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup
Thanks - :) thankfully not in the least bit shy, I also used to Moderate on another international forum, (scuba related), so hopefully will find my way around. - P

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrefu