DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Greetings from East Anglia

richardf

Reactions
Hi all

My first drone arrived yesterday, and have already taken it out on a couple of flights - fortunately no crash landings yet :)

Looking forward to hearing more about drones - particularly great locations, improving the photography experience (first examples were poor), and more about the regulations and rules (I've read the basic drone safe ones, but am after some more in-depth examples).

So much to learn. Oh, and do most people from the UK go with DJI Refresh?

Looking forward to meeting you all. Not sure if anyone on here meets up?

Richard

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Reactions: richardf
Hi all

My first drone arrived yesterday, and have already taken it out on a couple of flights - fortunately no crash landings yet :)

Looking forward to hearing more about drones - particularly great locations, improving the photography experience (first examples were poor), and more about the regulations and rules (I've read the basic drone safe ones, but am after some more in-depth examples).

So much to learn. Oh, and do most people from the UK go with DJI Refresh?

Looking forward to meeting you all. Not sure if anyone on here meets up?

Richard
Howdy from Wyoming @richardf , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Welcome to the world of drone flying! I’m in Peterborough & have a Mavic Air - what’s yours?
I did take out Care Refresh & I’m so thankful I did! Crashed into a TV mast inside 6 weeks (novice mistake!). Broke one motor arm & may have done internal damaged. Used Refresh (repair centre is in Holland). Got a replacement (new, not refurbed) within 10 days of sending it in - well impressed with service.

I’m flying with latest FW installed in MA & latest version of DJI Go4 on my iPad 2018 - absolutely no problems, very stable.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching :)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Enjoy your new Mavic, Fly safe and have fun!

Yes, I've signed up to the refresh plan - think I'm too clumsy not to! Although I'm flying it very cautiously currently.

My iPhone disconnected from the drone this evening. Not sure what happened, just displayed "Disconnected" in the status bar. It automatically started return to base the first time, and I still had control with the controller. Worrying though. I updated the firmware earlier, so worried that may have caused a problem?

A grey Disconnected message means your iPhone is not connected to your RC. You may have a cable issue.

A grey Disconnected message means your iPhone is not connected to your RC. You may have a cable issue.

Thank you :) Disconnecting and reconnecting the cable seemed to resolve it. I've seen some advice to close apps down and ensure its in do not disturb mode - I'll keep an eye on the cable too. If they don't work, I'll contact dji and see if they would try another cable.

You could try removing the side cable (completely) then connecting a standard lightning to USB cable to the bottom RC connector. I use that with my iPad and never have a problem.

You could try removing the side cable (completely) then connecting a standard lightning to USB cable to the bottom RC connector. I use that with my iPad and never have a problem.

Cheers. I’ve kept an eye on the connection today and had a few successful flights with no connection problems. Will keep an eye on it, but looks to have been a schoolboy mistake!

Thanks

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Mavic quadcopters.
Enjoy! Thumbswayup

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000