DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Greetings from Finland + first flight video

aqualung

Reactions
New pilot, new Mavic checking in.

I finally took the plunge after watching my brother fly every generation of Phantom the past few years, once DJI came up with something that I could easily fit in a motorcycle tank bag.

Got the unit yesterday, and today I was provided with some decent weather for a little shakedown flight.
The wind was around 5 m/s and the temperature a few degrees below freezing, but we managed all right, except that I forgot to focus the camera after taking off from a patch of ice I cleared.
Running .400 firmware, 2.7k downscaled to 1080p, dlog and a ridiculous shutter speed (1/6000 I think). Blurry bit sped up 'til I remember to focus and the slapdash colour grading also kicks in. Seems to me I'm clear of all the usual teething troubles some people appear to have?

Last edited:
Reactions: OleBoy and dirkclod
Welcome to DronePilots newest forum :)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for
current developments in Mavic quadcopter’s. Read the manual a few times and watch lots of Youtube videos on the subject to give yourself a good start.
Enjoy! Thumbswayup

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan