DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Greetings from Finland, also my first drone video!

Reactions
Hello to you all, long time forumstalker and professional photographer here, reporting in from Finland.

I got my mavic 2 pro last week, and have been flying for 8 hours now, creating a teaser trailer for my upcoming photo exhibition. I actually preordered the Air 2, but cancelled my order, and went with the m2p instead, for the superior camera, as i plan on doing a lot of prints for display with it. I've had so much fun shooting photos and video with it. Love the quality of the files, just amazing.

Anyway, if you have the time, please check out the video and i welcome any feedback! Peace!

Welcome to the forum. Very well done video, many nice angles and beautiful location. You will find plenty of support and assistance. We look forward to seeing your part of the world.

British Columbia Canada welcomes you to the forum. Excellent video, well done! I wish you good luck with your photo exhibition.

Thank you so much, I'm pretty stoked for it. Got a 5 000€ grant from the Finnish Cultural Fund to create the exhibition. Figured the M2P would come in handy and allow for some variety to the photos.

Have a nice day!

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum. Great video! It's the type of video I'm aiming to be able to compose. I'm far from that level but it's good to have goals. Happy and safe flying!

A big Texas welcome to you, Janik!
A most professional looking video--well composed; clips just short enough to leave us wanting more; music low-key, yet dramatic, and apropos for the subject. Very well done!

You are a welcome addition to our Forum. I hope we can offer as much to you as you will to us!

Only been flying for 8 hrs eh.?
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . :)

Welcome to the forum! :)

Hello to you all, long time forumstalker and professional photographer here, reporting in from Finland.

I got my mavic 2 pro last week, and have been flying for 8 hours now, creating a teaser trailer for my upcoming photo exhibition. I actually preordered the Air 2, but cancelled my order, and went with the m2p instead, for the superior camera, as i plan on doing a lot of prints for display with it. I've had so much fun shooting photos and video with it. Love the quality of the files, just amazing.

Anyway, if you have the time, please check out the video and i welcome any feedback! Peace!

Let me also join in welcoming you to the forum. Finland is a beautiful country. We traveled there many years ago. The video was well constructed but I do have a problem with the opening scenes being too dark in the shadows. In the dawn scenes, the bright sky over powered the dark foregrounds and these shadows can be opened up a bit and given some texture with the shadows slider and the other sliders in the software (I am using Premiere). Some scenes needed a bit of sharpening too. Nice music selection which sets the mood , and timing of the music and length of the clips was excellent.

Thank you guys for the warm welcome, such a kind forum this is!

Let me also join in welcoming you to the forum. Finland is a beautiful country. We traveled there many years ago. The video was well constructed but I do have a problem with the opening scenes being too dark in the shadows. In the dawn scenes, the bright sky over powered the dark foregrounds and these shadows can be opened up a bit and given some texture with the shadows slider and the other sliders in the software (I am using Premiere). Some scenes needed a bit of sharpening too. Nice music selection which sets the mood , and timing of the music and length of the clips was excellent.

Thank you! The conditions on those dawn shots were very demanding on the exposure, especially the barn shot, going from basically darkness to the mist being lit up by the rising sun. I actually pushed the shadows to 100 on the first drafts, but went back and toned it down, as the details of the shadows werent there. Especially with the youtube compression, got some crazy artifacts there. But i do agree that those shots could be brighter, maybe waiting for 10 minutes would've helped the lighting. Good points mate! About the sharpness lacking, i recently found that setting the sharpness to +1 is recommended on the M2P, so gonna try that next!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair