DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Greetings from Leesburg, VA

4Props

Reactions
Hello All, Newbie here .. registered and received my drone today. I've named my red Mavic Air, "Steve", after the legendary Dr. Stephen Hawking who sadly passed away the day I placed my order.

If I feel organized enough and find a suitable test location I will attempt a first flight this weekend.

Cheers,
4Props

Reactions: dirkclod
Reactions: 4Props
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
:)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Hello All, Newbie here .. registered and received my drone today. I've named my red Mavic Air, "Steve", after the legendary Dr. Stephen Hawking who sadly passed away the day I placed my order.

If I feel organized enough and find a suitable test location I will attempt a first flight this weekend.

Cheers,
4Props
Howdy from Wyoming @4Props , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

After I received my drone a month ago, I spent a lot of time on this forum reading about the mistakes beginners can make. I strongly recommend this site along with tutorials on YouTube. I know of someone who simply took his drone out of the box and launch it to a high altitude and never saw it again. It's important to know your settings and be aware of the wind speed.

Hope all will go well for you..

Give me a heads up if you find a good place to fly here in Northern VA. Hobby Hangar has a flying field in Catlett, VA which is about 45 mins south west of Chantilly.

I'll be doing my first flight tomorrow @ Ida Lee Park in Leesburg. The have a fairly large takeoff and landing site. Their website says you have to submit paperwork to get a permit but they confirmed over the phone that hobbyists don't need to complete that. We just need to call Leesburg Executive airport and a Hospital helipad.
Cheers,
Paul

Reactions: NUMB-LOCK
Welcome to MavicPilots from Dayton Ohio! Fly safe and have fun!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmgde