DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Greetings from North Georgia

WELCOME to the forum :)

Welcome!
I first was going to post your addicted. :)
"Have since bought a Mini 3 and then upgraded to a Mini 3 Pro with the RC and just loved it. Watched numerous YouTube videos and also got a Mavic 3 Classic but like the Mini 3 I decided to upgrade to the Mavic 3 Pro and really am glad that I did."

You go more than I do. Well that still fly. :rolleyes:
I'm a goofy guy, you can ignore me. Thumbswayup👌

Rod ..
Thanks for the welcome RodPad. I must agree my behavior does have the feel of an addiction, I can quit at any time! LOL.

As an engineer, I find myself fascinated with the technology advancements and read about them to all hours of the night. I am fortunate enough that my profession has supported my addictions such as this.

I took both to the local park yesterday, very hot so not so many people out on the paved trails. I wanted to work on the Active Track functions to ensure I understood them before an upcoming trip to Alaska.

The collision avoidance capabilities of the Mavic 3 Pro running ahead of me at my 2:00 o'clock was simply amazing. It paused for a minute until it found a small gap in a tree and then shot through the gap and repositioned itself. I turned around a watched for it to swing back around to get back into the instructed position and it did not take very long to do it. I am surprised at how much it seemed to move around tilting back and forth with the video looking very steady even though the drone was bucking up and down.

The Mini 3 Pro is limited to tracing you from behind unless you want to have it run parallel, risking a collision with a tree etc.

I am late in my career and have not been on an assignment for billable work since February so I have plenty of time on my hands. Slowing down seems so very scary to me. I too am considered goofy or strange by most that know me.

Best

Curtis

Reactions: RodPad
Wow your on it! Thumbswayup

I have wrote a lot of computer programs, I still can't type.
Misspelling is a plus for me, if you have ever created MemVars. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the reply and going to let this carry on. 👌

Rod ..

Reactions: GFields
You don’t need anything from me apart from another warm welcome. I’ve been around the Forum for 4 years and still check it every day-there’s always something of interest and the fun of seeing where our other friends on the site live and fly is just very special. Hi!

You don’t need anything from me apart from another warm welcome. I’ve been around the Forum for 4 years and still check it every day-there’s always something of interest and the fun of seeing where our other friends on the site live and fly is just very special. Hi!
Twickers14, Thanks for your warm welcome from the UK. I am enjoying the forum and learning to fly for fun and education and of course fly safely. I have always enjoyed my visits to the UK mostly for business but once on holiday.

Twickers14, Thanks for your warm welcome from the UK. I am enjoying the forum and learning to fly for fun and education and of course fly safely. I have always enjoyed my visits to the UK mostly for business but once on holiday.
You’ll be very welcome to come back and there are loads of places to fly. Is your City pronounced Hoshton? One of my Grandkids is called Georgia!

Welcome to the forum from the beautiful woods of Maine!
Thanks for the welcome, Laborous! I have only traveled to Maine for business a time or two. Got a Lobster roll in Bath many years back. My sister vacations for a week on your coast every year and raves about it. Cant wait to go sometimes myself.

Welcome from Florida.
Chetk7677, thank you for your welcome to the forum. I went to High School in Sanford on Beautiful Lake Monroe, some wonderful memories. Just got back from a week in CoCo beach tagging along on my daughter's family condo vacation. I go back down to the coast in October to visit with some High School colleagues at a school ( not year) reunion.
I love to visit your state but don't think I could live full time as it is too flat for me and not enough seasonal change.

You’ll be very welcome to come back and there are loads of places to fly. Is your City pronounced Hoshton? One of my Grandkids is called Georgia!
Yes you got the pronunciation right. I do plan to come back for a tour of your three main islands. My wife says it is our next vacation destination as she has tracked distant relatives mostly there. We are off to Alaska this month for two weeks of exploration and fun. Anchorage, Kenai Fjords and Denali, should be fun and we will be exhausted on our return.

Reactions: twickers14
YEP!!! Grew up in Macon and still have family all over the state--Canton, Cochran, etc...

Your story sounds very familiar. Since last fall.............

I started with a Mini2----then the FPV----then the Avata----then a Cetus X and recently a Pavo Pico and Mavic 3 Classic. Yea, I can quit anytime I want to. I just don't want to.

Last edited:
YEP!!! Grew up in Macon and still have family all over the state--Canton, Cochran, etc...

Your story sounds very familiar. Since last fall.............

I started with a Mini2----then the FPV----then the Avata----then a Cetus X and recently a Pavo Pico and Mavic 3 Classic. Yea, I can quit anytime I want to. I just don't want to.
4 inch pistons, that is an interesting handle.
I will be driving through NC briefly on my way to West Virginia tomorrow. I have made the trip many times to my sister's lake house in Gent WV for a visit and the drive is through beautiful country. I know the Avata and the Mini2 and of course the Mavic 3 classic but not those others. I have so much to learn on my journey through the drone world.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne