DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Greetings from Panama City, Panama - Something Strange Happened

James in the Desert

Reactions
Good morning all,

Greetings from Casco Viejo, Panama. This is my first post as I am smart enough to know that I need to read and learn prior to asking a simple question. I have been flying DJI's for about 6 months and I have listened and learned that I have now the confidence to fly quite well.

Every morning I go to the same beach location in Casco Viejo to fly my Mavic Pro Platinum and today 10 mins into the flight I received a message "strong interference" then I lose connection then over the next 2 mins in and out messages (same). this has not happened before and I would like some advice from some oldtimers who may know what caused this. Yes I did hit return home on the RC and waited patiently for the return, all good.

Thank you for all your welcomed feedback.

Kind regards

James in Panama.

Attachments

• DJI_0095.JPG
    DJI_0095.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 40
Welcome to MavicPilots!
Does it do this only at this location? or other locations too?

Thank you for your quick response, Yes I fly from exactly the same spot each morning and I have all the current updated Firmware. it is a great location as it has given me the opportunity to learn how to fly. I started with the Spark and moved up last December.

If you get the opportunity (when you feel comfortable) I'd try a new location so we can see if it is an environmental issue. How far away is your drone when you get the disconnection?

Thanks for the Tip, I will pick a new spot tomorrow. I was about 500 meters and about 60 meters up

Try looking at your antenna position in relationship to the mavic. YouTube has some good tutorials.

Good morning All,

Well, I believe I have narrowed it down to one of the Batteries. Could this be the problem and what should my next move be?. All input welcome.

Do you fly in airplane mode, so that your smart phone doesn't get interrupted by incoming calls, texts, or emails? I have a real issue using my iPhone if I forget to turn on the airplane mode switch. I get off and on disconnects, which interferes with my control of my Mavic

Thank you Doug I think that was my problem once again thank you

Good morning all,

Greetings from Casco Viejo, Panama. This is my first post as I am smart enough to know that I need to read and learn prior to asking a simple question. I have been flying DJI's for about 6 months and I have listened and learned that I have now the confidence to fly quite well.

Every morning I go to the same beach location in Casco Viejo to fly my Mavic Pro Platinum and today 10 mins into the flight I received a message "strong interference" then I lose connection then over the next 2 mins in and out messages (same). this has not happened before and I would like some advice from some oldtimers who may know what caused this. Yes I did hit return home on the RC and waited patiently for the return, all good.

Thank you for all your welcomed feedback.

Kind regards

James in Panama.

In December, I had the same issues at the point at Casco with Phantom 4. Didn't have problems at other places there. Not sure if it has anything to do with the canal radio interference, etc.

Hi James, I lost my brand new Mavic Pro, while flying in Panama, due to a strong unexplained interference. I was in the San Francisco neighborhood, with no tall buildings nearby. I immediately lost contact with my iPhone X (wonder if I should have operated in airplane mode...). The drone lost altitude and drifted away. I could not connect again. It attempted to RTH but the building next to me got in the way, and it was higher than my take off location. I don't know if the drone crashed or someone picked it off.

Reactions: James in the Desert
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Electrakill21