DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Greetings from somewhere in Texas

TxRailbird

Reactions
I'm another of those middle-aged guys old enough to remember Lyndon Johnson as president. Now live in Waxahachie, which is on the southern edge of north central Texas, but not really that far from the piney woods of East Texas and about an hour from crossing the Brazos River into West Texas. I've owned a Mavic Air 2 for about four months and fly at least 3 to 4 times a week. Sometimes we go to cool places like rivers or lakes or the Gulf coast, other times just in the field behind our house - the local water tower has been the subject of a bunch of photos and videos as I learn more techniques.

I'm committed to being as responsible a pilot as possible and have my Part 107 test scheduled for the first week of November. I figure that also opens up opportunities when someone asks "Hey can you take a picture of my .... ?"

Thanks to the community for being such a great resource. I hope I can contribute as I gain more experience.

Last edited:
Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forums - a lot of good info here. So, take a look around and hope you enjoy some of the fine photography and information posted by the members.

Also, if you haven't done so yet, consider getting the AirMap and KittyHawk apps. I also suggest this Visualize it: See FAA UAS Data on a Map

Welcome to Mavic Pilots!

Welcome to the forums - a lot of good info here. So, take a look around and hope you enjoy some of the fine photography and information posted by the members.

Also, if you haven't done so yet, consider getting the AirMap and KittyHawk apps. I also suggest this Visualize it: See FAA UAS Data on a Map

Thank you for the suggestions. I've been using all three quite a bit. Visualize it is great for putting the concepts on the 107 test preps into places I either have or want to fly.

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deltabird