DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Greetings from the DC SFRA

Tjololo

Reactions
Hello all. Found this forum the other day when trying to get more information about being in compliance with OOP regulations. Been browsing for a few days, figured I'd say hi. Got my mini 4 pro at the beginning of the year as a way to film some of out Ireland trip before promptly figuring out that drone flying isn't allowed in a lot of locations there. Part 107 passed about 2 weeks ago at this point, still waiting for my official plastic card. At Some Point In The Near Future ™ I plan to get my PPL, but that'll happen when we have some of our debt paid down, so it's a pipe dream for now.

Prior to the Mini 4 pro I had a Spark, which is still sitting in my basement since the RID rules made it more difficult to fly, if allowed at all. Before that I had various toy drones since they've been more affordable. Started with some little 3" cat chasers I found in the bargain bin and moved up from there. Hoping to expand my skills and knowledge and potentially learn more about the photography side of things. Ultimately I'd love to be able to get something a big bigger/nicer in the Mavic range vs the mini range, but I need to up my skills for that. I like filming the various trips we take, though it makes following the rules a nightmare. Local regulations everywhere, and often I spend more time on my phone trying to decipher local laws than I do in the air, but thus is the life.

Wishing everyone a great day and safe flights.

Welcome to the Forum From Bakersfield!
I'll bet you do face some tough Local regs around Washington D.C.!
In Cali your almost better off sticking to the populated areas... Everything else is a National Park! lol.
Not too bad in my area, I'm at the perfect position. Just outside of the "no no" zone around DC (in the 30 mile circle, not the 15), and just north of IAD airspace. Typically anything further East or South is rough, so I tend to go out West. It's prettier out there anyway, with the mountains and such. No national parks around us, but state parks require special permits that I'm not going to apply for so I can't fly there either haha.

Cali probably has some nice skylines at least. It's mostly suburbs near me.

It was a great little drone, I was really sad to learn that it didn't comply with RID. It gave me the impetus to get the mini though, which has been an awesome upgrade.

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

Hello all. Found this forum the other day when trying to get more information about being in compliance with OOP regulations. Been browsing for a few days, figured I'd say hi. Got my mini 4 pro at the beginning of the year as a way to film some of out Ireland trip before promptly figuring out that drone flying isn't allowed in a lot of locations there. Part 107 passed about 2 weeks ago at this point, still waiting for my official plastic card. At Some Point In The Near Future ™ I plan to get my PPL, but that'll happen when we have some of our debt paid down, so it's a pipe dream for now.

Prior to the Mini 4 pro I had a Spark, which is still sitting in my basement since the RID rules made it more difficult to fly, if allowed at all. Before that I had various toy drones since they've been more affordable. Started with some little 3" cat chasers I found in the bargain bin and moved up from there. Hoping to expand my skills and knowledge and potentially learn more about the photography side of things. Ultimately I'd love to be able to get something a big bigger/nicer in the Mavic range vs the mini range, but I need to up my skills for that. I like filming the various trips we take, though it makes following the rules a nightmare. Local regulations everywhere, and often I spend more time on my phone trying to decipher local laws than I do in the air, but thus is the life.

Wishing everyone a great day and safe flights.
You can still fly that SPARK mount a HOLY STONE module towards the front and center. Double check prop clearance. Good to go.use a good strong locking type velcro. That's what I use and it works great.

Prior to the Mini 4 pro I had a Spark, which is still sitting in my basement since the RID rules made it more difficult to fly, if allowed at all. Before that I had various toy drones since they've been more affordable. Started with some little 3" cat chasers I found in the bargain bin and moved up from there. Hoping to expand my skills and knowledge and potentially learn more about the photography side of things. Ultimately I'd love to be able to get something a big bigger/nicer in the Mavic range vs the mini range, but I need to up my skills for that. I like filming the various trips we take, though it makes following the rules a nightmare. Local regulations everywhere, and poften I spend more time on my phone trying to decipher local laws than I do in the air, but thus is the life.

Wishing everyone a great day and safe flights

Always nice to meet a fellow drone pilot in the DC SFRA. Welcome and feel free to share any drone friendly locations in the SFRA

Welcome to the forum. We look forward to your participation and your view of the world.

Found this forum the other day when trying to get more information about being in compliance with OOP regulations.

Welcome from the Hampton Roads area of Virginia, USA. We have a Member's Map in the Upper Right of the Title Bar. Click on "Members" and then Click on "Member's Map…" Check it out and you might find some new flying friends.

Fly Safe…

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
熊大熊二