DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Grossinger's Catskill Resort - Abandoned, and now demolished.

cheezstake

Reactions

This is actually really old footage, it was taken about a year ago. This location was my first time using my handheld gimbal ( zhiyun crane 2) and after exploring I told myself I would go back once I got better at using it. Unfortunately I just discovered that they demolished the whole resort, so going back to get better footage is no longer an option. I decided to use what little footage I had anyway, and I hope you guys like it.

Reactions: pross
Hey Phil! Another eerie and somehow beautiful find. I never stayed at Grossingers, but I've been to some of the hotels up there. I can only imagine what someone who swam in that pool in its heyday would feel when they saw that footage! It's an entire lifestyle that no longer exists - that was home for so many people each summer. Seems epic to see it in disarray.

When you go on these explorations, do you ever run across vagrants? Do you go alone?

Well I truly hope in making these videos I can bring back a little sense of nostalgia to people who actually experiences these places.

Luckily to this day I have never come across any vagrants, although I do come across signs of life, such as a bed or food, and I always wonder how close I am to actually running into these people. I try and go with someone as often as I can, but sometimes I do venture out alone, and it can get a little scary.

Well I truly hope in making these videos I can bring back a little sense of nostalgia to people who actually experiences these places.

Luckily to this day I have never come across any vagrants, although I do come across signs of life, such as a bed or food, and I always wonder how close I am to actually running into these people. I try and go with someone as often as I can, but sometimes I do venture out alone, and it can get a little scary.
Well, if you're ever looking for company, let me know...I'd love to go with you and see how you work. Great stuff.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78