DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Grounded! Pixel 6/6 Pro incompatible with Fly app - Black screen

I tried switching between smooth and HD. It did nothing.

However, here's an interesting twist. I accidentally took a couple of pictures rather than shooting some test video. When I went to watch the video back (low-res previews), I found the picture I took and it appeared normal. The videos were all black.

So - it can shoot still photos. Of course, you can't tell what you are shooting because the screen is black but interesting. I reported this to DJI.

Reactions: rfrogman
Have you tested the cached video on a computer? That would be very good debug info...

I mean the cached video files on your phone, not the drone.

It's the livefeed stream saved directly to the files on your phone.

Location is something like DJI/dji.go.v5/DJI Fly/video

I found out the hard way today about no video on Pixel 6. DJI Fly was working fine on my 4 year old Pixel 2 XL, to bad I traded it in when I got the new Pixel 6. I can also confirm that you can still take pictures, but not video on version 1.5.1 Hopefully DJI will figure out how to correct it soon.

I found out the hard way today about no video on Pixel 6. DJI Fly was working fine on my 4 year old Pixel 2 XL, to bad I traded it in when I got the new Pixel 6. I can also confirm that you can still take pictures, but not video on version 1.5.1 Hopefully DJI will figure out how to correct it soon.
Thanks to this thread I bought a xiaomi mi11i instead.
It works.
Very good phone so far. Gps gets over 60sats!! Very bright screen.

I mean the cached video files on your phone, not the drone.

It's the livefeed stream saved directly to the files on your phone.

Location is something like DJI/dji.go.v5/DJI Fly/video

Ah! I looked in that folder and neighboring folders under dji.go.v5. All I found was a bunch of empty folders. DJI asked me for something in that area too and I couldn't find anything but an empty folder.

P6. Same. I've been flying with my old P2XL, but I'd sure like to just put it away in a drawer soon. And to enjoy the better, brighter screen of the P6 while flying! I will play around with some dev options later, when I have a chance. I'll bet there's a workaround, hopefully someone smarter than me figures it out because I don't expect any results any time soon from DJI...

Great new! DJI just pushed an update that fixed the black screen for video on Pixel 6. I just tested and I now have video feed. I have not done a test flight yet due to my current proximity to class C airspace.

Hey Guys I got a pixel 6 pro today and am trying to install DJI fly. I have downloaded the apk from the DJI site. But when i tap on the apk from chrome is says "can't open file". Whats the trick to insalling apk's? I have googled around but can't find an answer. I have allowed chrome to install apk's but still no luck

Just an edit as I worked it out. The file would not install through Chrome/Downloads. By using the "Files" app it allowed me to install.

For others with similar issues. note you need to go to /settings/apps/Special app Access/Install unknown apps and change the files by Google app to allow.

Last edited:
Hey Guys I got a pixel 6 pro today and am trying to install DJI fly. I have downloaded the apk from the DJI site. But when i tap on the apk from chrome is says "can't open file". Whats the trick to insalling apk's? I have googled around but can't find an answer. I have allowed chorme to install apk's but still no luck
I think after you "allowed install" you have to go back and click "install"
For some reason clicking "allow" doesn't auto-install like I thought it would

I think after you "allowed install" you have to go back and click "install"
For some reason clicking "allow" doesn't auto-install like I thought it would
Yes that didn't work IO did solve it as I edited my post.

BTW this phone is fantastic. Being an apple phone user for many years, but having google home devices I had wanted to move to the pixel before but hesitated purely for apps like these. I'm so glad I only got my phone after the black video screen issue was resolved i also timed it so that they had aOS update only a couple of days ago. SO i've missed out on the teething issue bugs.

Flying with this phone is great it has no problem running the histogram, exposure warnings, screen recording, etc and still great battery life on a large phone screen. Absolutely wrapped.

Putting in the phone in the controller cradle in the conventional way bottom of phone on right side. I couldn't sit it without the cradle pressing the volume/power buttons. However rotating it 180 degrees solved that no problems.

Hello. Does anyone have an idea of when the Pixel 6 will be supported? This is a major headache. Thanks

Hello. Does anyone have an idea of when the Pixel 6 will be supported? This is a major headache. Thanks
Are you still having trouble? It has been fixed since early December. I have been using my 6 pro trouble free since then. Check to see if there's a DJI Fly app update to install. Remember, the updates are no longer coming from the Play store, they're coming in-app, or if you're not getting an update there, go directly to the DJI website to download and sideload the latest app.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada