DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Guam

Jackcutrone

Reactions
I’m going to be in Guam for a week starting mid-February. I’ve been following the weather there and it appears to be fairly windy there with constant 20+ winds. I would guess then that the winds aloft are prohibitive for drone flying. I would hate to miss out on the opportunity to takes pics there. If anyone has flown there I would appreciate any information or suggestions you might have.
Also if it is possible to fly there where are some good flying sites.

Fly very early before winds pickup or pick that occasional relatively still day. Remember that wind speed will increase with altitude increases.

actually looking for suggestions as to where on the island to fly. There seems to be a ridge down the middle of the island so I was thinking that probably the east side might be protected from the west winds. Anyone have thoughts?

actually looking for suggestions as to where on the island to fly. There seems to be a ridge down the middle of the island so I was thinking that probably the east side might be protected from the west winds. Anyone have thoughts?

Be amazing either way if someone / no one here on the forum has been to or flown there.

I'd just use your skills and experience to guide you.

It'd probably be subject to some pretty constant seasonal winds at various times of year, so it might be good to talk to the locals, ask if it's usually still at sunrise / sunset, when the wind usually comes up, so no surprises when you are aloft.

If in doubt, fly in the lee of natural protection, be it the main ridge, or trees, etc, keep it low and slow.

Be amazing either way if someone / no one here on the forum has been to or flown there.

I'd just use your skills and experience to guide you.

It'd probably be subject to some pretty constant seasonal winds at various times of year, so it might be good to talk to the locals, ask if it's usually still at sunrise / sunset, when the wind usually comes up, so no surprises when you are aloft.

If in doubt, fly in the lee of natural protection, be it the main ridge, or trees, etc, keep it low and slow.

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I am surprised I didn't find anyone who has flown there. I am trying to get in contact with a UAV school in Guam but they haven't responded to my email yet,

Jack

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98