DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hand catching the Mavic 2

Photoman4

Reactions
I seen a guy on Youtube handcatch a Mav 2 the other day without it wanting to balloon up on him. What setting turns off the bottom sensors to do this? I've hand caught mine many times but just sneak in real quick and flip it to kill.

You don’t need too! Just put you hand under it, pull the left stick down and it will land on your hand.

Reactions: Photoman4
You do not need to disable any sensors. All you have to do while its hovering is to "grab" it behind the camera with 2 fingers, thumb and index finger. the bottom sensors does not pick you up. after you have a hold on it simply pull the left stick down, or you could lift the drone up and it will go to idle and then simply pull left stick down once and it shuts off.

Reactions: Photoman4
You do not need to disable any sensors. All you have to do while its hovering is to "grab" it behind the camera with 2 fingers, thumb and index finger. the bottom sensors does not pick you up. after you have a hold on it simply pull the left stick down, or you could lift the drone up and it will go to idle and then simply pull left stick down once and it shuts off.
Thanks for the tip man. Did not know they would not pick you up if you grabbed it from the side instead of rising hand up from underneath.

Disable Vision Positioning.
I don't disable anything, hand out, stick back and Hans or Franz (M2P and MA) drops in my hand soft as a snowflake. Just don't raise your hand to grab it, that is what most do wrong I think, let it come to you.

Last edited:
Curious, why aren't the front sensors detecting the gentleman in this film and allowing him to get so close to the drone when it lands on his hand? When I try it, the drone doesn't want to get that close to me unless I keep it high and grab from underneath without the front sensors detecting me.

Makes complete sense to go in from the side. I’ve never tried putting my hand under my P3A, as you approach hand catching from the side to grab a landing leg. I cannot wait to fly this thing!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacjes