DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Hand launch & Catch from my Boat

PakNheat380

Reactions
I am an avid fisherman and have wanted to hand launch my Mavic Air 2 from my boat, use Active Track to follow and then hand catch when done. I have practiced on land but have been putting it off for fear of fumbling it into the lake. I leave in a few weeks to go salmon fishing for the months of September and October and was running out of time to make a test run. Picked a morning with no wind and the lake was glass smooth. The test was a success and I am including a copy of the video. This was shot on Middle Thompson Lake in Northwest Montana.

Nice. :)

Reactions: PakNheat380
Looks good out there, but I missed the hand catch!
Had to turn off obstacle avoidance and video to hand catch. Next time I’ll have the GoPro videoing from the boat

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
I am an avid fisherman and have wanted to hand launch my Mavic Air 2 from my boat, use Active Track to follow and then hand catch when done. I have practiced on land but have been putting it off for fear of fumbling it into the lake. I leave in a few weeks to go salmon fishing for the months of September and October and was running out of time to make a test run. Picked a morning with no wind and the lake was glass smooth. The test was a success and I am including a copy of the video. This was shot on Middle Thompson Lake in Northwest Montana.
I can see only message "Video Unavailable".
I am in Australia:)

Here is the link

Reactions: Azarov
Thanks mate, I can enjoy it now!

BTW, you made it for Kids, YouTube doesn’t allow me to save it in my watch list.

Last edited:
Thanks mate, I can enjoy it now!

BTW, you made it for Kids, YouTube doesn’t allow me to save it in my watch list.
Not sure how that happened. I’ll try and fix that. BTW, I love your city. Took the harbor tour for lunch with my daughter (she was going to Deakin University in Geelong) just for the Sydney oysters. We even ventured into Kings Cross for dinner and had a great time.

Reactions: Azarov
Not sure how that happened. I’ll try and fix that. BTW, I love your city. Took the harbor tour for lunch with my daughter (she was going to Deakin University in Geelong) just for the Sydney oysters. We even ventured into Kings Cross for dinner and had a great time.
It's a nice city however most interesting areas are heavily restricted for flying RPAs (drones) even for a licensed pilot like me.
Here is the one which gave me a headache for getting permissions. When I got it the weather conditions was not really good, the wind was 20knots.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54