DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hand launching mavic?

Is the aircraft/controller powered up?
Don't know what to tell you, it should be under "Aircraft" settings

Last edited:
I'll be hand launching the majority of the time. Coordinating the two sticks to start the motors is tricky but you get used to it.

you can just hold the mavic with one hand and press the takeoff feature and slide with the other hand

to better explain, if your remote is attached to your phone properly you can just hold your phone normally (the remote shouldn't fall off) and slide to launch as if it was any other app

Is the aircraft/controller powered up?
Don't know what to tell you, it should be under "Aircraft" settings

No, not connected with the aircraft; I just checked the Litchi App here at the office. I just noticed there is a new version out today. Is the Android or IOS? I notice quite a few differences between the two. Android Litchi has a few more features than the IOS version which I have.

Android Litchi definitely has dynamic home point as an option, but think very carefully before using it. In the not so uncommon event that the Litchi app crashes, hompeoint will no longer be dynamic and stay fixed at wherever you happened to be passing by, when the when app became unresponsive. If you are unable to restart the app you will not be able to reset it. I once had dynamic homepoint set inadvertently on a waypoint mission and I have vowed not to use it again. The litchi app crashed midway and I could not restart it. Mavic arrived at end of mission but would not land due to Landing protection being active. Could not override landing protection because app would not run. Down stick on RC would not land. So hit RTH button expecting it would fly to my original homepoint 20m away. Instead Mavic flew off in to the distance and at the time I had no idea where it was headed. It was off to the not so dynamic homepoint. A location about 500m away where I happened to be passing with the RC about 10 minutes earlier. Anyway be aware of this characteristic with dynamic homepoints, so you can work out what is happening.

Last edited:
Reactions: WolfgangStiller
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78