DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hands down best micro Sd Card for Mavic

I see, very strange.
Did you have the chance to eventually test them on your PC? It's very unlikely but they may be some corruption on the file system or so ... not sure.

I also use the Sandisk 128gb and they work flawlessly. Best Buy had them on sale when I bought my M2P, so I got two

Watxh out for Fakes btw.

I saw the most halarious fake (trying to find the pic now).
It was a 3d printed piece of plastic that had Samsung Evo and gold pins painted on.
You could see the ridges from the printing. it cracked me up

Reactions: Sylvia-Khatt
Yeah, sometimes even on Amazon you really have to take care with these items, especially but not exclusively by 3rd party sellers. ?

Bought this at Amazon:
SanDisk Extreme 128GB microSDXC Memory Card + SD Adapter with A2 App Performance + Rescue Pro Deluxe, up to 160MB/s, Class 10, UHS-I, U3, V30

81TTUPZWacL._SL1500_.jpg

I quit buying SD cards at Amazon after reading all the complaints of possible phony cards. Dislike that most of the listings on there are 3rd party sellers, and not directly from Amazon. Lately been buying from Best Buy at a fair price and free shipping.

I also use this 128 GB card, just to inform you about real speed's, it's about 60 MB/s write and 70-80 MB/s read, (tested on PC 5 different speed programs), which put's them to NO-1 best buy.

Reactions: MavicFT1P
I still buy on Amazon, but am wary of 3rd party supplies. Just always check who is selling them.

That said, Costco has a 2 card blister pack of U3 Sandisk 128GB Extremes for a good price (sometime even on sale for lower).

Chris

Reactions: globetrotterdrone
I have plenty of SanDisks in my devices (in phones, Nvidia Shields, DSLR, Smart Controller, etc.) therefore I also chose one for the Mavic 2 Pro ... it's the 128 GB SanDisk Extreme model and without any surprise it works flawlessly.

Definitly would recommend it though other well-known companies such as Samsung would certainly be on par with it. ;)

I also use Sandisk Extremes. Great performance and a reasonable price. Works flawlessly in my Mavic Air at 4K (100Mbit/s).

I still buy on Amazon, but am wary of 3rd party supplies. Just always check who is selling them.
Me too. I've never had a problem buying memory cards from reputable sellers on Amazon.

Reactions: globetrotterdrone
Page 58 of the user manual says max size 64GB, class 10 or UHS-1 rating.

User manual:
Open dji go 4 app. Top right corner push 3 lines icon. Select academy. Select user manual.

Page 58 of the user manual says max size 64GB, class 10 or UHS-1 rating.

User manual:
Open dji go 4 app. Top right corner push 3 lines icon. Select academy. Select user manual.
100% True ... however, mysteriously DJI have here;
Mavic Pro: DJI Mavic Pro – Specs, Tutorials & Guides – DJI
and here ...
Mavic 2 Pro: Mavic 2 - Specifications, FAQs, Videos, Tutorials, Manuals - DJI

... Specification pages for the Mavic Pro, and Mavic 2 Pro - which quote 'capacity up to 128GB' for Supported SD Cards.

I also use this 128 GB card, just to inform you about real speed's, it's about 60 MB/s write and 70-80 MB/s read, (tested on PC 5 different speed programs), which put's them to NO-1 best buy.

Sandisk Extreme are great Value. Look for the seller with "100+ sold" obviously to avoid fakes.

Samsung EVO plus (my other card) is almost same price, but about 3/4 the speed
in the tests i did.
It all depends on how your connected obviously, but i saw similar speeds to those.

Would be higher using a 3.1 adapter instead of 3.0, as most them are

Sandisk Extreme are great Value. Look for the seller with "100+ sold" obviously to avoid fakes.

Samsung EVO plus (my other card) is almost same price, but about 3/4 the speed
in the tests i did.
It all depends on how your connected obviously, but i saw similar speeds to those.

Would be higher using a 3.1 adapter instead of 3.0, as most them are

I had a similar issue with Samsung Evo cards. My footage seemed 'jerky' when recorded and there was one card which the MA just plainly refused to recognise.
Now using Sandisk Extreme cards I've had no problems (Class 10, UHS-I, U3, V30, A2 App performance). I do take out the card and install in a reader on my PC to get my footage and then erase the clips and placce back in the MA. I never format (even though it may be quicker than deleting the files). I use USB 3.0/3.1 slots for the reader, so I get about 80-90Mb/sec read speed when copying which is fantastic!

, but I'm interested in the A2, and V ratings

My understanding is that A2 cards transfer data in blocks which is necessary for some smartphones and gaming apps and A1 is sufficient for imaging and therefore photos and video. I stick to V30 for my MA as some u3 cards still show 'Slow'. I think all roads lead to SanDisk Extreme, or Pro if you see a good deal. The upload speed to the PC helps with a faster card, obviously.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
obanat