DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hangar 360 (again)

Let me say this also be sure you see in your FPV it going up as I have watched the screen and it had blacked out but the #'s at the bottom and it was saying it was rising but looking at my drone it was just staying where it was at . I would hit the X and it would say failed so I would just hit the up arrow then it would work .
Sorry for all the post but am going from mini to desk top in this .

Hangar app is working pretty good for me but I only use it to take the pictures. I fly the drone with go4, switch to hangar (without closing anything ), let it take the pics and as it finishes I switch back tho go4 to continue flying.. only thing I miss is the ability to take raw pics (even if mavic is set tho raw it changes automatically to jpeg). Last thing when you switch to hangar you don't have to change to camera mode, you just have to stop filming.. (not so sure about this but I can't remember of having to switch mode before starting hangar)

This was just a test also and was in the morning so the light isn't right but I was out over water. Hangar 360 Photo I am on boat parking deck in this.
You also can see where it didn't do right and why I said I do more than one .

Just tell everyone it was rain coming down in certain spots. Haha.
I fly over water all the time (just have landing protection turned off-all the time as a matter of fact) and have never had an issue regardless of height.
But yeah, I hear you with testing it over land. I'll be on the ready to switch to sport mode if something happens I don't like. Also, I fly in airplane mode and don't turn on wifi till I'm back on the ground.
Good idea about trying more than once in case something didn't work.

Reactions: dirkclod
Thank you. Having said that have you ever closed out the Hangar app when done and reopen and reconnect DJIGO? Or does that bring another host of potential issues.
I only ask because I typically bring back myself and hand catch every time.

Did RTH with hangar, sent pictures to their database and don't reconnect to DJI app !

To remove the 30m height restriction, turn everything on and open go4, let it connect then exit and fully close it. Then just open hangar 360 and your good to go.
I personally don't like the idea of switching between apps mid flight. It's a good app for a freebie

Thought I'd report back. My attempt was anticlimactic (a big letdown). I launched with DJIGO, got the obligatory class E airspace notification/warning (I don't get it everywhere but quite a few), and flew to where I wanted the Mavic at about 260 ft. Closed DJIGO (but only via the home buttton), and launched Hangar. Noticed immediately the big yellow exclamation point. And next to that was written, NO FLY ZONE.
At this point I didn't want to test anything, so closed out Hangar (this time double clicking the home button) and reopened DJIGO. Disspointed, I decided to fly about a mile away to get some video of a different marina for fun before returning.
Anyway, as I said, I'm on 800 firmware but I don't know if was on 700 or prev (if you get me), that would have made a difference. Not sure if it was getting the NFZ from Hangar or because I didn't fully close the DJIGO app, it was picking up on the class E airspace warning.
Thoughts?

Thought I'd report back. My attempt was anticlimactic (a big letdown). I launched with DJIGO, got the obligatory class E airspace notification/warning (I don't get it everywhere but quite a few), and flew to where I wanted the Mavic at about 260 ft. Closed DJIGO (but only via the home buttton), and launched Hangar. Noticed immediately the big yellow exclamation point. And next to that was written, NO FLY ZONE.
At this point I didn't want to test anything, so closed out Hangar (this time double clicking the home button) and reopened DJIGO. Disspointed, I decided to fly about a mile away to get some video of a different marina for fun before returning.
Anyway, as I said, I'm on 800 firmware but I don't know if was on 700 or prev (if you get me), that would have made a difference. Not sure if it was getting the NFZ from Hangar or because I didn't fully close the DJIGO app, it was picking up on the class E airspace warning.
Thoughts?
No I don't get it .Why were you that high to start the hanger and NFZ ? Where are you trying to do this at ?

Well, just looked at my flight again and the DGIGO app said be careful, unpaved airports, not class e airspace this time.
Flying in Malletts Bay, Lake Champlain.
and regarding height, my understanding is the Hangar app goes to 300ft. I flew to where I wanted and went to 260 to see what approximately it would look like and also you had mentioned I would be able to see it rise to 300 once I switched over to Hangar.
It as I said, there was no NFZ warning in DGI GO. Only an unsaved airport warning. When I switched over to the Hangar app, I saw the yellow exclamation point and right next to it, it said No Fly Zone. At which time I just decided not to chance it.

It will go to 300' by default but if you start it at another height it will ask if you want to start at the current height or 300', you choose.
I believe it would be a red exclamation point if it was a total NFZ.

The NFZ is what I don't understand . Mine won't fire up in one or go into one . I have tried just to see what it would do . Would if it was hacked but mine is not .

.Not on 1000 anyway

The NFZ is what I don't understand . Mine won't fire up in one or go into one . I have tried just to see what it would do . Would if it was hacked but mine is not .

.Not on 1000 anyway
Well I didn't get the NFZ issue in DGIGO. It was only once I opened Hangar. And to LuvMyTJ, it was definitely a yellow exclamation point. And I thought it actually said No Fly Zone. But regardless, I never did anything in the app after seeing both of those things. I simply double tapped the home key and closed it out as I was afraid of what might happen. Then reopened the DGI GO app and went for a ride.

That is strange .

Like I said I think it's better to fly with DJI app and close totally it and use hangar just for the mission ! You will ensure that there are any issues (NFZ, wind warning, etc...)

Like I said I think it's better to fly with DJI app and close totally it and use hangar just for the mission ! You will ensure that there are any issues (NFZ, wind warning, etc...)
Well I'll be back this weekend so I'll try again doing just that. It just worries me what happens once I connect. I guess if I see it again, I can simply fly it back visually

Good luck vtcats second try a charm maybe ,

Reactions: vtcats
Good luck vtcats second try a charm maybe ,
Thank you and everyone for responding. I appreciate it.
And I bought the darn thing for pictures and video of my travels and all I've wanted to do lately is just fly it!
Got to get back to some images before it gets freezing here for the next 9 months.

Reactions: dirkclod
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev