DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hangar 360 (again)

Terry G

Reactions
Recently added the Mavic to the Inspire and P4 I have. I downloaded the Hangar 360 app to my iPad2 mini and have all current updated installed. I closed all apps then opened the Hangar app for my first attempt at a 360 shot. I launched the Mavic and it stopped at 98' and I got a message saying the mission failed. I launched it again and again it stopped at 98' and got the mission failed message. Any ideas?

Try several time... but honestly it never worked for me....
Try also to contact the support... good luck !

Have you switched the camera from video to photo mode before?
It won't start taking pictures when in video...

Support suggested using DJI Go to get to the desired height, the close it and open the Hangar 360 app

You're likely hitting the newly added limit of the aircraft being locked at 100ft max if it hasn't seen GO4 since powered up. You need to launch GO4 first, power up and connect everything, THEN close it and launch H360.

Recently added the Mavic to the Inspire and P4 I have. I downloaded the Hangar 360 app to my iPad2 mini and have all current updated installed. I closed all apps then opened the Hangar app for my first attempt at a 360 shot. I launched the Mavic and it stopped at 98' and I got a message saying the mission failed. I launched it again and again it stopped at 98' and got the mission failed message. Any ideas?
I've had similar happen if inadvertently in Sport mode or in no fly zone.

Reactions: Terry G
And make sure antennas are flat i.e. When mp is directly overhead . . .

I'm on IOS and had to go to their site and hit a link to get it . Has worked fine after I figured out just how to use it and have be playing with it going out several thousand feet then going into it . A few didn't do good at the start but is OK for free . Don't care for their terms but it is what it is . Has not been nothing but cloudy since I got it but if we ever get clear weather I'll know how to use it ;)

I'm on IOS and had to go to their site and hit a link to get it . Has worked fine after I figured out just how to use it and have be playing with it going out several thousand feet then going into it . A few didn't do good at the start but is OK for free . Don't care for their terms but it is what it is . Has not been nothing but cloudy since I got it but if we ever get clear weather I'll know how to use it ;)
Hi Dirkclod,
I've seen your posts quite a bit all over this forum since I got my Mavic in May of this year. I appreciate your experience. I was hoping you could answer some specific questions using this app given you use IOS as well.
Have you ever launched and flown into place using DJIGO, then launched Hangar? If so, did you just hit the home key on your iPad/iPhone to the DJIGO app to move that app into the background before opening Hangar, or did you double click and swipe up to close it before opening Hangar?
Also, if you ever chose "continue to fly" after it took the pictures, did you do this just using the sticks and remote, or did you close out (double click and swipe up) Hangar and reopen DJIGO?
Not that it probably matters, but I'm on 800 and 4.1.7 and latest Hangar app.
Sorry to be so long winded, but after reading all my search results for this, I got either conflicting information or just not specific steps.
Thanks

Go to 91m with DJI app. Then double click and swipe the app. Open Hangar and start the mission.
Then you can just hit RTH. I would not fly too much with hangar as you don't have lot of flight info.

Hangar 360 Photo
Thank you. Having said that have you ever closed out the Hangar app when done and reopen and reconnect DJIGO? Or does that bring another host of potential issues.
I only ask because I typically bring back myself and hand catch every time.

From messing with the app I have taken them from as far away as 3000' but that wasn't how I started as I wasn't sure what it would do .
I use the free hangar I got from the website and it doesn't work just right all the time so you really should take 2 .
What I do and not saying you should but I fly out over what I want to be the center of the picture under 300' so I can see it rising to 300'
in my go app . I just hit the home button and that shuts off the app and I hit the hangar app and go from there .When it has taken and then says the pictures have finalized I hit continue flying then hit my home button again and then open the go app and go from there .
I copy the pictures to my device after I get back down .
The only time I swipe whatever is on my mini is before I first start flying .
That is how I do it .

Reactions: vtcats
From messing with the app I have taken them from as far away as 3000' but that wasn't how I started as I wasn't sure what it would do .
I use the free hangar I got from the website and it doesn't work just right all the time so you really should take 2 .
What I do and not saying you should but I fly out over what I want to be the center of the picture under 300' so I can see it rising to 300'
in my go app . I just hit the home button and that shuts off the app and I hit the hangar app and go from there .When it has taken and then says the pictures have finalized I hit continue flying then hit my home button again and then open the go app and go from there .
I copy the pictures to my device after I get back down .
The only time I swipe whatever is on my mini is before I first start flying .
That is how I do it .
That is exactly how I plan to try it today over my marina....after putting in a new aft thruster....to the boat that is.

Reactions: dirkclod
This was from just doing a test with a ND 8 after it stoped raining and it was cloudy and the sun was going down so it's not good but I am at the red truck in this so you see I was out several hundred '
Hangar 360 Photo

Sorry we passed . I would do it over land a few times just to get used to doing it . I get a pucker factor of about 10 when I try it over water .
And like the other post I do not fly with that hangar nor do I copy the pictures while it is hanging there .

This was just a test also and was in the morning so the light isn't right but I was out over water. Hangar 360 Photo I am on boat parking deck in this.
You also can see where it didn't do right and why I said I do more than one .

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair