DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hangar 360 Questions?

eastvillager

Reactions
IMG_6120.jpg

Started playing with Hangar 360. A few questions to users? Mavic pro firmware update must have reset camera settings. I didn't think to look but when I came home there were just jpg's instead of raw files on the sd card which is what I shoot stills on. Can you shoot raw in 360 and how is that set? Also I want to make still images and I did this in Hugin. Anyway to not get all this distortion when making an image for print? The software is easy if you use the assistant but a bit complex in manual mode. Any other programs recommended for Mac? Will 360 work with Phantom 4 Advanced? I must say 360 is a marvel of technology.

Last edited:
Hangar 360 doesn't let you adjust camera settings. It does everything on it's own. No raw either. I don't know about using the captured images with other programs.

Hangar 360 doesn't let you adjust camera settings. It does everything on it's own. No raw either. I don't know about using the captured images with other programs.

Thats a shame about raw. The files in the Mavic Pro need all the help they can get to look good. Compression isn't one of them.

View attachment 12264

Started playing with Hangar 360. A few questions to users? Mavic pro firmware update must have reset camera settings. I didn't think to look but when I came home there were just jpg's instead of raw files on the sd card which is what I shoot stills on. Can you shoot raw in 360 and how is that set? Also I want to make still images and I did this in Hugin. Anyway to not get all this distortion when making an image for print? The software is easy if you use the assistant but a bit complex in manual mode. Any other programs recommended for Mac? Will 360 work with Phantom 4 Advanced? I must say 360 is a marvel of technology.
The Hangar app takes full control of all camera functions. It doesn't reset them back to the way they were previously, so make sure to check before using the Mavic to take video or photos manually.

I originally had it set to capture photos in both Jpg and raw. After using Hangar it was set to jpg only. Hangar also changes the color profile the camera uses to "normal", I believe it's called. Also changed the sharpness and saturation settings.

Hangar is truley amazing, I just wish it would somehow clean up after itself and reset everything back to the way the user had them set originally.

Reactions: BrooklynFlyer
The Hangar app takes full control of all camera functions. It doesn't reset them back to the way they were previously, so make sure to check before using the Mavic to take video or photos manually.

I originally had it set to capture photos in both Jpg and raw. After using Hangar it was set to jpg only. Hangar also changes the color profile the camera uses to "normal", I believe it's called. Also changed the sharpness and saturation settings.

Hangar is truley amazing, I just wish it would somehow clean up after itself and reset everything back to the way the user had them set originally.

All good to know. Thanks. Yes it would great if it could reset or in fact use your settings which i assumed it was.

You totally solved a mystery for me. I switched to JPEG + RAW for the first time ever yesterday, but Hangar 360 must have switched it back.

Speaking of Hangar 360, it has been 20 hours and it is still processing.
Is this because of all the new users jamming their servers?

Beginning to hate this app! Formatted my phone because I thought the IOS Beta I was using what the issue. It still only works 10% of the time. Hard to complain about a free app but still, it's a waste of time.

Please email [email protected] if you are having issues.

I have sent a couple of emails to your support. The first time no response and 2nd time a link to FAQ which I had already read.
It seems a lot of people have had the same issue process failed.
It may be too much traffic on your servers. I love the app but very disappointed that it failed two times to process.

It does seem that the sudden popularity may have overburdened the Hangar servers. It's such a cool product I send the results to friends. Many say they can't get into it, or it's takes a very long time to come up. I'm sure in time Hangar will improve access to their servers and processing time.

I tried the Hangar 360 app with a Phantom 3 Standard and it worked like a charm! Loved it. Bought the Mavic and tried it with that and everything looks good - starts the mission, goes to 4' and just sits there saying that it's going to 300'. Anyone else had this issue? And yes...I've emailed support, but no reply back yeet.

I tried the Hangar 360 app with a Phantom 3 Standard and it worked like a charm! Loved it. Bought the Mavic and tried it with that and everything looks good - starts the mission, goes to 4' and just sits there saying that it's going to 300'. Anyone else had this issue? And yes...I've emailed support, but no reply back yeet.

I have the same issue. Only way I can get it to work is to take it to 300' manually with the DJI App then it will start the mission.

Reactions: davidewarner
That's good to know. I had thought about that, but in one place I'd read that you shouldn't have the DJI app running in the background. So, take it to 300' with the DJI app, kill the app in the background, launch the Hangar 360 app? Sounds like a plan - I'll try it today. Thank you! And...if I get a reply from their support email address, I'll post it here as well.

I have this same issue - no response? - hovers and says going to 91m but doesn't ascend. There is a yellow no fly zone warning on screen however although i'm in cat d

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drxenon