DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Happy to be Aboard from Pottstown, PA USA (Greater Philadelphia)

Reactions
Been into videography, photography and flying all kinds of stuff for years, Mavics for 3, and started my own LLC (www.onairtechnologies.com) last year to do it full time after losing my 27 year corporate IT management position. (Things happen for a reason!) I am definitely interested in collaboration, meet-ups, small business networking, being active and social. My heart is more around the cinematic side of flying, but Hollywood ain't hiring a 51 year old newbie!!! Cheers folks, looking forward to the group. :)

Reactions: Hauptmann
Hello, my brother! I live in Center City Philadelphia. I got a Mavic Mini in December. Would love it if a group of us from the area could get together to fly one day in the not so distant future.

Hi there from Exton PA. I am also an IT Manager (must have something to do with sitting at a screen 10 hours a day and just wanting to get up there in the sky).It would be great to get together and fly. Let me know where and when.

Welcome, Ray! We definitely need to do a Philly area drone get together once we're cleared for takeoff by the CDC, so to speak. :). I'm out your way from time to time, as well (my daughter loves a particular video game at the Round One at the Exton Mall!). What model of drone do you have? I have a Mavic Mini.

Good to hear from you Douglas! I am about 2 miles from the Exton Mall.
I have a Mini, Air (which I am selling), Mavic 2 Zoom and a Mavic 2 Pro. Just ordered the Air 2 Fly more combo. Let me know when you will be in the area (like you stated, when these restrictions go away). I have been flying at the Exton Park on weekends - nobody to bother you and the Park Rangers are OK with it.

Good to hear from you Douglas! I am about 2 miles from the Exton Mall.
I have a Mini, Air (which I am selling), Mavic 2 Zoom and a Mavic 2 Pro. Just ordered the Air 2 Fly more combo. Let me know when you will be in the area (like you stated, when these restrictions go away). I have been flying at the Exton Park on weekends - nobody to bother you and the Park Rangers are OK with it.

Hey Ray:

I am new to this, live in Malvern and am looking for places to fly. Before I bought the drone (Air2) I knew there were limitations in National Parks, but I wasn't fully aware that state parks and some communities also have restrictions.

I have been flying in some of the township wildlife areas, but I am always worried that some local will take exception - and I don't want the hassle. I usually go early in the mornings before most people are active, and I found a nice place to set up behind some trees, so I am not easily seen.

I do like that this drone is pretty quiet - so unless you are close you don't really hear it.

Exton Park is pretty close to me, do you have a place to park, and do you just take off from beside the lot, or do you walk in and set up from there?

Z

I was flying there on weekends and occasionally some evenings, but the last time I was there, some guy pulls up, says he is the park commissioner (but when I looked up who the park commissioner was, it sure didn't look like him), and tells me I can't fly there. So I look up drone flying at Exton Park online and see that they are pushing to restrict drones in the parks. The form online wasn't dated and signed, but it probably will be soon. Never heard about any meetings we could attend to voice our opinions, go figure.

So now I need to find another place that we can fly. If you find a place, let me know and we could gt together. I will do the same.

I know this thread is aging now, but wanted to note that I live in the northern tip of Chester County, quite near Pottstown. I bought a Mavic Mini to augment my GoPro video of my various outdoor adventures. I spend time in the woods surrounding my house every day, and often take video of the adventures I share with my companion Brittany, my son, and my grandson. So, these are primarily flights over private property. I don't have a nice list of legal areas for flying around here. I kayak in the state parks (Marsh Creek, French Creek, Blue Marsh) all off limits, but also on the Schuylkill River between Reading and Spring City where I think I would be legit.

Don't want to ruin this discussion of local places with a video, but this is what much of my Drone video looks like:

Last edited:
Reactions: Gagey52
Thanks, this one was home built from stuff around the farm, but they are called "Log Arches" and can be bought as commercial tools in various sizes from hand pulled to bull dozer sized. Now back to drone discussion.
Hello Jere,
I've seen your posts on MTf. I dont visit that forum much anymore. But, I just got a mini 2 and getting familiar with it. Thought I'd say hi.
Hopefully your enjoying a nice warm fireplace.

Hello Jere,
I've seen your posts on MTf. I dont visit that forum much anymore. But, I just got a mini 2 and getting familiar with it. Thought I'd say hi.
Hopefully your enjoying a nice warm fireplace.
Thanks, kind of an odd cross connection, but great to know there are drone pilots that spend time in the woods too. I am back to cutting trees, moving logs, splitting and stacking firewood. Hope you have fun learning to fly your drone. Enjoy - And hope you have a safe, healthy, happy New Year.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121