DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Harassed by mavic mini

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry that happened to you.

Im pretty sure I would picked up the drone and waited to meet the attempted Murderer , lol
and if he did not show up , take the drone with me. I would have skipped the report and pocketed the money from ebay and hoped for more lucky days.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic 2 in the Rain and Land on Water.

I went out with mp2 to take pictures of our lake on the side of a public road with mp2 when a small drone flew over me and hovered 20ft away then moved around me and flew directly at me missing me by inches crashing into the trees behind me. I got a chuckle from that. I sent in a report to Transport Canada. View attachment 125247
I take it’s in this picture you posted ? I can’t find it. Had it been me
i would have videoed it.

Did you get the drone? Does it have an ID on it? Was it badly damaged from the contact with the tree?

Reactions: AZFlyingpig
to continue with the story
I did pickup the mini and considered what to do with it, but it does have a camera. So i dropped into a near by bush and left. To soon be followed by the owner who called the cops to report that i stole his drone. I explained to the cop that he assaulted me with it and it was located where he crashed., suggesting that they were growing illegal Cannabis I will be flying over the property this spring/summer to see what "illegal activity" they are so protective of. I figure a box of nail and screws over his kilometer long driveway will be sufficient justice.

Man, you guys are ruthless. It's possible it was flown by someone new to the hobby, who got disoriented or lost his video feed. You could have waited around to help, and offer some pointers and information too. Reporting the guy is likely to come back and have repercussions on us all, as authorities increasingly lose faith in the public's ability to use and fly these UAV responsibly.

I doubt anyone intended to harrass your drone, and then crash. That just doesn't make sense.

Subtracting all the drama and just bypassing all the speculation, I really feel like this kind of interaction with law enforcement isn’t great for the UAV community.

While there are clearly times to involve the police, I’m not sure this would be one of them. As a relatively new operator, I would be the first to admit that I don’t know very much about the rules and regs, never mind the law.

If there’s a ton of police calls about drone operators, there will be new and far more restrictive legislation forthcoming. Never let a good crisis go to waste, right?

I also don’t like to Monday morning quarterback other people’s experiences because I wasn’t there. I just think it is likely in our best interests to be better about self-policing and leave authorities out of this.

Reactions: Gygax and DBT_Drone
I did pickup the mini and considered what to do with it, but it does have a camera. So i dropped into a near by bush and left. To soon be followed by the owner who called the cops to report that i stole his drone. I explained to the cop that he assaulted me with it and it was located where he crashed., suggesting that they were growing illegal Cannabis I will be flying over the property this spring/summer to see what "illegal activity" they are so protective of. I figure a box of nail and screws over his kilometer long driveway will be sufficient justice.
So HE called the police about a "stolen drone"?
It is VERY BAD practice to talk about retribution on public forums.
It reads like IF the owner gets a flat ANY time he might try tracking you down because you threatened him.
And he could be a reader of this forum,
But I hope he gets what he deserves.

Incoming forum drone police in 3... 2.... 1....

Hey... I know more than some, less than others and I’m here to learn more every day. Best I can do.

I’m sorry but I’ve seen no proof of what you claimed happened.
Even if it did I don’t see where he assaulted you. You speak of .... illegal activity... go ahead and throw those nails into his drive way and I don’t think you will come out on the good end. You did mine
and you would learn what justice is in my world.
As far as you know if he had a Mini he could be a member here
and you just basically just made a threat
Smooth move ?
Again sorry but been here to long and read to many threads without seeing no proof to take such as this seriously.

I went out with mp2 to take pictures of our lake on the side of a public road with mp2 when a small drone flew over me and hovered 20ft away then moved around me and flew directly at me missing me by inches crashing into the trees behind me. I got a chuckle from that. I sent in a report to Transport Canada. View attachment 125247
isn't flying drones in all of canada illegal, nowadays, unless have been through flight school?!

isn't flying drones in all of canada illegal, nowadays, unless have been through flight school?!
Anything over 250 grams and you need at least a basic licence, issued by the government. Test is online, and relatively simple. To fly for commercial purposes, or to be able to get clearances to fly in some otherwise restricted areas you need an advanced license. Under 250 grams, no license, but you're still suppose to follow the rules.

Reactions: colorado kid
Anything over 250 grams and you need at least a basic licence, issued by the government. Test is online, and relatively simple. To fly for commercial purposes, or to be able to get clearances to fly in some otherwise restricted areas you need an advanced license. Under 250 grams, no license, but you're still suppose to follow the rules.
i thought i read somewhere that even the mavic mini (yes, 249 grams) can only be flown by pilot with 'advanced' license. could be wrong, but it seemed pretty clear.

i thought i read somewhere that even the mavic mini (yes, 249 grams) can only be flown by pilot with 'advanced' license. could be wrong, but it seemed pretty clear.
Barbara is correct. At the present time in Canada, drones under 250 grams do not have to be licensed, nor does the pilot require any form of training or a license.

Drone pilots must carry a valid drone pilot certificate and only fly drones that are marked and registered. If you are flying a drone that is less than 250 grams, you do not need to register the drone or get a drone pilot certificate.

Other than operating a drone under 250 grams in a "safe manner", outside National Parks, forest fire areas, police operations, and other sites where all drone operations are prohibited, you can legally fly drones under 250 grams pretty much anywhere else in Canada, as long as you are not invading privacy or harassing wildlife.

Reactions: Barbara
People who put things in "black and white" might come back to bite them but did you have your phone with you? Did you take pictures or video the scene of the crime? More footage for a great story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1