DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hard Case and Saddlebag

DanielG

Reactions
I've tried to find the answer but search isn't helping too much in this case.

I just bought the MP with the fly more combo. I'm having a blast so far. I like the compact bag it came in. I have all intention of taking this with me for charity rides and if the airspace is legal getting overhead pics of the ride and group.

The little bag it came with is great for tight packing, weekend and whatnot that I have to take clothing with me as well. But for rides when I can, I'd like a hard case that fits inside a saddle bag and carries all the junk as well.

I got the hard case from Apple. Nylon covered hard case. It fits in the saddle bag. One spare battery and not much else.

I use the hell out of pelican cases for a lot of things and really like the 1400. I really don't want to buy blind and find out it doesn't fit even if the measurements say it should. Been there, done that.

I like the SKB case at Best Buy. Would have to put it in the trunk as it's too big for a saddle bag.

Any other suggestions that fit all three batteries, controller, charger and whatnot that also fits in a saddle bag?

Thanks
DanH

Any other suggestions that fit all three batteries, controller, charger and whatnot that also fits in a saddle bag?
What are the dimensions of your saddle bag?

That's kinda my point. I know the inner dimensions of the saddle bag.
I know the exterior dimensions of a lot of different cases and can look up pretty much all of them.

Many a time I have done the gozintas and it SHOULD fit but there's a bump here or a bit too high on this particular side or it just doesn't quite go in even though the numbers say it should.

So I find it extremely beneficial to find the item and try it in the saddlebag as I did yesterday at the Apple store. If there are no stores that carry the item near me, then to ask people who have actually done it or tried it and it did not work. Saves me from saying "what are the dimensions of my saddle bag and what are the external dimensions of the box?" seeing it SHOULD work but then finding out for some reason it doesn't.

Have you ever thought of going up in size on your Pelican case? 1520 maybe? It will hold everything you have and more. I made mine so it is in 2 halves. I can take 1 Mavic side out and replace it with a backpack like Lowepro 250 or fly more bag or whatever. :rolleyes: Hope you find what you need.

Attachments

• 20180115_140940.jpg
    20180115_140940.jpg
    425.4 KB · Views: 21
This may sound unrelated but do you have good wheels/spokes? I love using my saddle bags to carry shopping. A couple of days after I put my hard case in the saddlebag, one of the spokes broke and I think there's cause and effect.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jageist