DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hard Cases

Oman

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Hello just need a little more info on two cases I am looking at. Has anybody had any experience with these cases , Nanuk 915 and Lykus Titan MA 220 for a Air 2S FLY MORE COMBO I'am wondering about the fit and finish on them? I'am open to suggestions.
Thank you Doug.

Last edited:
Reactions: scoble08
Hello just need a little more info on two cases I am looking at. Has anybody had any experience with these cases , Nanuk 915 and Lykus Titan MA 220 for a Air 2S FLY MORE COMBO I'am wondering about the fit and finish on them? I'am open to suggestions.
Thank you Doug.
Ok, you've got me checking out cases on Amazon now. It's still windy from Ida, anyway.

How about the Lykus Titan MA220? It accommodates a tablet in the lid.

I'm not seeing anything about the Nanuk 915 to justify the higher cost.

Ok, you've got me checking out cases on Amazon now. It's still windy from Ida, anyway.

How about the Lykus Titan MA220? It accommodates a tablet in the lid.

I'm not seeing anything about the Nanuk 915 to justify the higher cost.
Hi I don't have a tablet I have a phone I think I meant MM200
Thanks much oman

I have a Nanuk 920 for my Mavic 2 Pro that came as a package deal when I purchased my M2P. I typically put all my camera gear in Pelican cases so I am using that brand as my 'Bar'. The Nanuk is well built and I actually prefer the latching system over my Pelicans. The build quality is on par with other higher end cases. The foam cutouts (again for my Mavic 2 Pro) are spot on. The case thickness and sturdiness is also very high. Though I have not submerged and water tested the Nanuk I believe they likely would compare to the more popular cases. I just looked at the price of the case I have, and see that the cost is very representative of what you get for the money, though I had no idea of the brand before I received it.

Just to share my experience. I have the Lykus MA200 case which I don't have a single regret. It's well-made in the quality of the case and the foam cutout. It fits my Air 2S fly more combo flawlessly. The best thing is it has a flexible space to keep the filter case and small items. It's also pretty compact and easy to carry. Pricewise, Lykus is quite affordable and I really don't think it's worth it to pay extra if there another case that's comparable in quality and functionality.

Thanks for your help I was thinking the same thing. I was leaning towards the Nanuk 915, because of color choice. But it is twice the price.

I have the Lykus case and its great for the money. I dont use it however so I cannot tell you about long term. I have moved everything to a camera backpack since I dont need the protection or water resistance. I looked at Nanuk and feel it was a nice case but not enough to convince me to buy it over the less expensive one.

Thank you Doug.
Check out Harbor Freight for the Apache 3800 or 4800 cases. There are YouTube vids about them too.

Thank you Doug.
I have the Nanuk for my Mini2 and I love it. The fit and finish is really well done. I have the DJI hard case for my Mavic Air2. It has a ton of storage and room for 5 batteries. The latches don't lock like the Nanuk. It was also a bit pricey at $170. But I would not trade it for anything.

Reactions: MA2 317
Thank you Doug.
Hey Doug,

I havent tried the cases you specified but I bought this case over two years ago and it has stood up to airlines, water, back of my truck, El Paso summer...

I have a Mavic 2 Pro and carry a Smart Controller and standard with 4 extra batteries, charger and other accessories. Might be something to consider. I'm sure they'll have an option for your needs. The case and cut out is high quality.

Thank you Doug.
I bought this https://amzn.to/3kI8ZFr

This arrived today and I am ENTIRELY happy with it. It is a hard shell backpack from Amazon.
Additionally it can hold both my iPad and my Surface Pro7

Attachments

• 20210902_220716453_iOS.jpg
    20210902_220716453_iOS.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 12
  • 20210902_220721507_iOS.jpg
    20210902_220721507_iOS.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 11
  • 20210902_220757353_iOS.jpg
    20210902_220757353_iOS.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 10
  • 20210902_220843968_iOS.jpg
    20210902_220843968_iOS.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 10
Thank you Doug.

I have the Nanuk 915 for my DJI Spark.

I purchased the SYMIK A310 for my Mavic Air 2.

The Nanuk feels better in the build quality and has color options.

As mentioned above, the latches are nice and as an added bonus, there is a place to connect a shoulder strap and holes for a padlock if needed.

My SYMIK case doesn't have the strap option, just the padlock.

But as you noticed, the price is higher.

I like my SYMIK case that can hold five batteries and the remote with the joysticks installed by flipping it upside down.

I don't carry the chargers with me and the case came with a foam block that I've customized to suit my needs.

Good luck and happy shopping. ?

I have the Nanuk 915 case for the Air 2s combo pack. The case is in the color of Olive and I just love it. Yes it is more expensive than the other cases on the market but the bottom line is you get what what you pay for. The quality is very high and I have no problems what so ever with this case. If I had to make another purchase of another case it would be without a doubt be the Nanuk series of cases. I would not even consider any other brand after experiencing what the Nanuk case is all about. The fit and finish is amazing and as I said the quality of the case is very high. Good luck with you decision. Mr Mint

Reactions: MA2 317
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78