DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hardware Help required.. Battery status error!!!

PWB1000

Reactions
My MA had an unexpected landing in a local river. It landed in about 1 cm of water and I turned it off straight away and thoroughly dried it out over a couple of days. It was fresh water. When I turned it back on everything is working (GPS, motors, sensors etc) but it is displaying Battery status error and brings up a yellow warning message about using DJI batteries. It wont go any further through the start up sequence and motors wont start up. I have used my two other batteries with it and all show the same message.

It has been sent off to a local repair centre and then to DJI who say its not repairable. I could have accepted this if nothing was working but it is clearly a relatively limited issue based on the fact everything else is working.

Can anyone else suggest what part may need replacing? there are a number of spare parts out there for sale which I would happily try replacing rather than writing it off completely.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated

Call your insurance company. Seriously. That’s what we pay them for. I was going trash mine but fortunately ran into a post regarding insurability. I have both mine insured for full replacement coverage. In other words, the insurance doesn’t prorate, depreciate, etc

The cost is $60 a year with $100 deductible. Better than DJI Refresh or their repair options.

As for the battery issue, sorry, no ideas there.

Im guessing its your ESC board, but could be more complicated. Where are you located?

I repair Mavics every day and have repaired many that have been in the water.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klik4d