DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Harness/Lanyard Adapter for RC Pro Controller

Thanks Mirko. I printed this and have been using it for a while now - works great. Did mine in PLA and it seems plenty strong but I have nagging doubts in the back of my head. Think it's ok with PLA?

What are those tassle-looking things you have attached to it? I'm using a simple lanyard with clips on both ends.

Somebody mentioned a guitar strap. Really? Would love to see that setup. Seems like it would be awfully bulky. Pics?
PLA is totally fine, I print all the ones I sell in a high-modulus carbon fiber-reinforced PLA. If you're concerned about strength print with more perimeters (3 at least) and 0.2mm layer height. The only concern would be extreme heat; PLA isn't nearly as heat resistive as other thermoplastics, but you'd have to get to uncomfortable temperatures for that to be a problem

The 'tassle-looking things' are Peak Design Anchors. They are a system that allows quick release and easy changing of straps. They're aimed at photographers but their straps work equally well for a lot of different uses.

I think the guitar strap idea is a bit cumbersome and bulky. I might not be understanding the intended mechanics correctly either, but I don't think it will work as intended. The connection point (I think they're called 'buttons' ?) of a guitar strap would probably come loose since the way the controller hangs and the mounting points of the controller are totally different.

I recommend this one! Best money you will ever spend! $23 now, with a $2 off coupon. Comes with quick releases on both sides, and the metal triangular clips fold down out of the way, when the strap is not attached. Nonslip washers on the screws. Amazon Prime, too!

M4, 0.7mm pitch, 12mm length
Thanks for the info. Here's my cheap low profile setup with washers & peak design anchors, works great!

Attachments

• 61726727-CD6F-4E26-8EBF-372A05F11BE6.jpeg
    61726727-CD6F-4E26-8EBF-372A05F11BE6.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 24
  • 6F3A9696-9F77-489F-93BE-A3397335507E.jpeg
    6F3A9696-9F77-489F-93BE-A3397335507E.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 24
  • B5D9CB31-C289-4FEC-842B-6667093F70BC.jpeg
    B5D9CB31-C289-4FEC-842B-6667093F70BC.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 23
Reactions: MS Coast and HH-1
Thanks for the info. Here's my cheap low profile setup with washers & peak design anchors, works great!
Be sure to check those anchors periodically; I would be concerned in the long term that the threads of the screw will wear away or fray the cable material on the anchors. It's not pretty, but it works! :)

Reactions: c.oberschneider
Thanks Mirko. I printed this and have been using it for a while now - works great. Did mine in PLA and it seems plenty strong but I have nagging doubts in the back of my head. Think it's ok with PLA?

What are those tassle-looking things you have attached to it? I'm using a simple lanyard with clips on both ends.

Somebody mentioned a guitar strap. Really? Would love to see that setup. Seems like it would be awfully bulky. Pics?
I have the Guitar Strap on order, when it gets here will put up a picture.

For those wanting to purchase one ready-to-mount or don't have access to a 3D printer, I've made mine available on eBay. $10 + Shipping.

I ordered one last week and am exceptionally happy with the quality and durability. The carbon-fiber PLA that you use has me 100% confident in the field. The shipping was so fast, I really appreciate it!

Reactions: HH-1
I ordered one last week and am exceptionally happy with the quality and durability. The carbon-fiber PLA that you use has me 100% confident in the field. The shipping was so fast, I really appreciate it!
Right on! I'm glad you like it! I'm pretty proud of it, despite how simple it is. I'm not the most graceful person around so I love the added comfort that a neck or wrist strap provides, knowing that if I drop something it isn't going to hit the dirt. I'm pleased that it gives you additional confidence!

Mine is not as nice as yours, but it works well for me. The Guitar strap I have set for 45" and that works for me. The Knurled Screws I got at Amazon nice and cheap, the two washers I had in the garage. Thanks to all those that helped. It paid off.

Attachments

• RC strap.JPG
    6.9 MB · Views: 12
M4, 0.7mm pitch, 12mm length
I sure hope I thanked you for telling me the size of the screws, knowing that helped a LOT in finding what I thought would work, and I have passed on the size to others. Did you see what I finished up with for my Lanyard, I have posted a picture in this section.

I sure hope I thanked you for telling me the size of the screws, knowing that helped a LOT in finding what I thought would work, and I have passed on the size to others. Did you see what I finished up with for my Lanyard, I have posted a picture in this section.
No problem! Glad it worked out for you. It looks a bit bulky for me, but if you like and it works well for you it that's all that matters!

No problem! Glad it worked out for you. It looks a bit bulky for me, but if you like and it works well for you it that's all that matters!
Yep, each has their own needs, thanks for the help.

Would like to see one for the new RC controller.
I could totally do it, but I'm not excited about buying a controller/drone I don't need just to create a 3D model. I don't own a Mini 3 or the new RC. If somebody would loan me their controller for a few days, though... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: Kaskimondo
I just ordered one too :) Much sleeker than what I was using. Looking forward to getting it.

Thanks...

Thanks for the purchase! I'm pretty confident that you'll like it. Feel free to post or message with any feedback you have!

Would like to see one for the new RC controller.
It looks like DJI is now selling the new RC as a stand-alone for $309. Would there be significant interest for a new bracket made for this controller? I'd consider buying it to create a new bracket if I think there may be decent return-on-investment.

Screenshot 2022-06-30 140511.png

Reactions: Kaskimondo
Thanks for the purchase! I'm pretty confident that you'll like it. Feel free to post or message with any feedback you have!
I got mine yesterday…

I love it…left feedback for you on EBay as well.

Thanks, Don

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman