DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Harrowing Final Flight - Mavic Totalled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just ordered 2 new arms, a top shell, and a gimbal/camera/board assembly. Fingers crossed on the repairs. If it works, I will only ever fly within a 50 ft radius with no people or buildings withing 4 miles of me. I just want to put the schoolmarms concerns to rest so they may sleep well again

Reactions: FuzLogix
Just ordered 2 new arms, a top shell, and a gimbal/camera/board assembly. Fingers crossed on the repairs. If it works, I will only ever fly within a 50 ft radius with no people or buildings withing 4 miles of me. I just want to put the schoolmarms concerns to rest so they may sleep well again

Puppies, too. Don't forget to look out for puppies. Very important.

As a private pilot, former air traffic controller, kit airplane builder and Part 107 remote pilot I can only shake my head. But I get it, it's fun to fly low and fast in a real airplane out over some dry lake bed in the desert or across a mountain peak in calm conditions. But I would never consider doing that near people, structures or populated areas. I would liken it to someone shooting a gun up in the air during a New Years Eve or 4th of July celebration. Yeah, chances are that it's not going to hit anyone, but it's stupid, reckless and oh didn't anyone tell you? It's also illegal. C'mon Man! Don't be a statistic because that is exactly what our detractors are waiting for, someone to do something stupid so they can regulate this great hobby out of existence...

Honestly, I think the OP would have a lot more fun with an FPV racer. More thrills and completely modular for easy repairs. And no chance for inflicting pain and suffering to the general population or the nation's infrastructure.

Reactions: ssvdh66
As a private pilot, former air traffic controller, kit airplane builder and Part 107 remote pilot I can only shake my head. But I get it, it's fun to fly low and fast in a real airplane out over some dry lake bed in the desert or across a mountain peak in calm conditions. But I would never consider doing that near people, structures or populated areas. I would liken it to someone shooting a gun up in the air during a New Years Eve or 4th of July celebration. Yeah, chances are that it's not going to hit anyone, but it's stupid, reckless and oh didn't anyone tell you? It's also illegal. C'mon Man! Don't be a statistic because that is exactly what our detractors are waiting for, someone to do something stupid so they can regulate this great hobby out of existence...
Well said, sir.

OK guy's some of you might see this as a discussion or not but I see it as going nowhere .
I will leave it open till I see it continuing to have off topic , rude or just anymore violations of
our guidelines .
IMG_7921.jpg

1. You fancy yourself a pilot, why not be professional? Just as drag racing on the interstate will endanger non-players, so may flying your drone nearly 4 miles away. Just think about it...and at least plan similar flights over open water or land (as you did).

2. If you bought your Mavic using a high end credit card, there may be accidental loss or damage insurance for the first four months. Visa Signiture, AmEx Platinum and other similar cards have this. Good info for everyone.

I won't be rude, just factual. You broke multiple guidelines regarding safe flying. What if your Mavic had crashed into the windshield of an oncoming car and the startled driver ended up crashing into a telephone pole or, worse, hit a pedestrian or other vehicle?

Please do not fly a drone again. Your desire for a rush isn't worth someone else's life.

BTW, if something like that ever does happen you do realize that what you've posted in this topic could be used against you in court, right?

Mark

Reactions: ssvdh66
And this has gone as far as it is going to .

CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake