DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Has any one seen a 'daintier ' version of the mico-USB-socket to normal-USB-socket adapter than is shown in .........

• Thread starter Deleted member 103366
  • Start date
It will not charge with the original cable since it's OTG (and thus tells the controller to supply power to the connected thing instead of charging from it).
You'd have to turn it around for that, but then it means taking it off and it'll come out upwards so it kinda makes no sense.

Maybe if you plug it when the controller is off it won't switch mode and be able to charge but I wouldn't try it in fear of damaging it if it's incorrect and both the charger and controller are trying to supply power.

Last edited:
It will not charge with the original cable since it's OTG
The attached would seem to indicate otherwise, it appears to be charging quite happily.

Attachments

• charging mavic ctr via orig cable with ammeter.jpg
    charging mavic ctr via orig cable with ammeter.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 7
I edited the post above in the meantime.

Seems the answer to the last sentence is yes, but be careful to always make sure to have the controller off before pluging the charger...

.....Seems the answer to the last sentence is yes, but be careful to always make sure to have the controller off before pluging the charger...
Thanks, the controller is always off when I charge it.

However you post has me wondering what happens when updating software via assistant 2?
The controller is on for that and the same 'power source' i.e. a USB port, charges the controller if the controller is off.

Again the difference is OTG.
The stock little cable to connect a phone has pin 4 grounded in the side that's meant to plug into the controller to put the controller in host mode. The cable that you use to charge or connect to a PC doesn't.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan