DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Has anyone accomplished this?

This is partly incorrect. I had a thread similar a while back. IF you land at another position and take back off, the RTH point will be the NEW landing spot. I have done it several times in the simulator mode.
Correct. I tried it about 1000ft away and it reset.

In regards to the VLOS rule; I’ve been a pilot for over 40 years. I’ve still got pretty decent eyesight and can do a good job of spotting other planes in the air but this Mavic I just bought is pretty tough to keep an eye on. I’m thinking I should have gotten the white one. So, other than skinning it in International Orange, anybody got any tips? The darn thing is awful small and stealthy.

In regards to the VLOS rule; I’ve been a pilot for over 40 years. I’ve still got pretty decent eyesight and can do a good job of spotting other planes in the air but this Mavic I just bought is pretty tough to keep an eye on. I’m thinking I should have gotten the white one. So, other than skinning it in International Orange, anybody got any tips? The darn thing is awful small and stealthy.
Attach a smoke system to it like a flight demonstrator bird.:D

Reactions: joejaxvic123
Why would be the use case for wanting or feeling compelled to try this.

In the thread I started about this, what I wanted to do is tape a small airline style bottle of booze to my mavic and deliver it to my friend who's house is 1.5 miles away or so. It is all open level pasture land, either owned be me or him. I can see his house when I climb to 100' with the mavic, I can see his property from my yard. I tried it on the simulator, and when I touched down at his driveway (using satellite view) The home point reset to his house when I took off to come home. It would be nice if it didnt, cause I didnt want to have to fly it all the way back home. RTH would have been nice. I am still going to do it, I was just surprised that the RTH changes to a remote landing spot.

Reactions: joejaxvic123
OJ, I thought we agreed to set RTH to the controller and modify the mavic to be able to lift more quantities of booze.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beluga