DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Has anyone ever had problems with Decal Girl? **EDIT** Decalgirl has excellent customer service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JS1600

Reactions
I placed an order from Decal Girl last week and right after my credit card was used for fraud.
I had no other purchases on that card other than that and a few normal bill pays.
I just wanted to see if anyone else has heard of any problems from them, I'm waiting on a reply to my email to Decal Girl now.
My Mavic 2 Pro skins did ship out though.

John

**EDIT**
Conclusion: First I want to apologize to any of Decalgirl's happy customers or anybody else that may have took offense to my post.
Their customer service has investigated my concern and assure me that the way my payment was handled that credit card info could not have been stolen.
I have complete confidence in the details I was given by their support team and know they had nothing to do with my defrauded credit card.
One thing I can say is Decalgirl has excellent customer service and I will most definitely be doing business with them in the future.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mavic Mac and Slade
I placed an order from Decal Girl last week and right after my credit card was used for fraud.
I had no other purchases on that card other than that and a few normal bill pays.
I just wanted to see if anyone else has heard of any problems from them, I'm waiting on a reply to my email to Decal Girl now.

John
It’s a sad commentary on modern culture. I’ve purchased from Decal Girl several times but never had any issues.

I once bought something from Tiger Direct based in Florida and then later that day I had 4 pizzas ordered from someone in that area of Florida plus someone else in the same area in Florida later in the day pay for a moving violation fine from the police at a court. That in itself sounded ridiculously stupid to do because it could be easily traced back to them. Then the next day, in Italy someone was paying for their university tuition of over $8,000, which is what triggers my card provider to call me to ask if I just made those purchases. Their fraud squad went after everyone and they did not charge me thankfully, but that was the last time I ever used Tiger Direct and I did inform the company, so one of their employees may have been giving out the card info because I order through a human being taking details, not a robotic response website.

Ordered 3x, never any issues.

Check your network for malware.
Thanks for the suggestion, I did double check that but my system is clean and I do have protection.
I'm still waiting on a response from DecalGirl.
I do make many other online purchases with other cards with no issues.

Thanks for the suggestion, I did double check that but my system is clean and I do have protection.
I'm still waiting on a response from DecalGirl.
I do make many other online purchases with other cards with no issues.

I’m going to offer you some advice that you didn’t ask for.

Naming the party here and casting shade on them is not right. You haven’t even waited until you heard from the alleged party either. Removing reference to them should be considered. You might be tarnishing their reputation for no good reason. The chargers you speak of could have come from many different places, might not even be from this purchase stream.

Let the credit card company deal with it. And you should consider my suggestion to remove their names

There is a reason why credit card company deal with these sort of things the way they do.

I hope you will reconsider your approach. And I hope you didn’t setup your account just to post about this. With only 4 posts to your name it causes me to take pause for your motivations also.

Naming the party here and casting shade on them is not right. You haven’t even waited until you heard from the alleged party either. Removing reference to them should be considered. You might be tarnishing their reputation for no good reason. The chargers you speak of could have come from many different places, might not even be from this purchase stream.

Let the credit card company deal with it. And you should consider my suggestion to remove their names

There is a reason why credit card company deal with these sort of things the way they do.

I hope you will reconsider your approach. And I hope you didn’t setup your account just to post about this. With only 4 posts to your name it causes me to take pause for your motivations also.
Ok how do I go about removing it then?
I had no bad intentions with this post and have waited several days for a response from them.
Thanks for the advice.

Correction I just got an email that they have opened a support ticket with my concern so it turns out that they do take these sort of things seriously.
I do feel much better about the quality of service from DecalGirl.
I in no way meant to tarnish a good companies reputation and I hope it had nothing to do with them.
Sorry for any confusion.

@Drone-video
I didn't take the OP as casting a shade on Decal Girl - it didn't make an accusation - it was more of an inquiry if anyone had a problem with that company. From reading the forums on here it is apparent that many of the members have used Decal Girl. Since it was the first time the OP used the company then noticed a problem it was probably only natural for them to inquire if anyone else had a problem. They also stated in the original post that a few normal bills were paid with the same card.

If I had experienced the same situation as the OP I also would have posted a very similar type inquiry. I have had my CCs frauded in the past and it is a PIA !. The OP was also a heads up to other customers of that company to check their bills a little closer.

Hopefully the OP will post a follow-up of the final interaction/resolution with Decal Girl

Yes that is how I took it as well, a newbie asking a relevant (to them) question of much more experienced members here. Heck look at all the H U G E companies that have had their customers details hacked, like the big banks and even Target a few years ago. We did not suspect those companies as being fraudsters, just that someone very clever got into their system.

Here, he wanted to know if anyone else had experienced a problem and thankfully no one has. This in my mind, turns the tables and makes decal girl look even better now for the way it is being handled. Let's see where the breach was.

Only problem I've had is the decal pealing up at the corner within a week of install. I figure it's not too much her fault as I have a very tight fitting foam case for my drone. I can see where the foam rolled it when it was inserted.

Not the end of the world, but I was hoping it would be in mint condition (the skin) for more than a week.

Where there was no rubbing, the grip is in great shape.

I do use a Polar Pro phone mount (clips over Mavic2 remote); that screwed the controller decal up immediately. Not a big deal, didn't care about the controller.

Conclusion: First I want to apologize to any of Decalgirl's happy customers or anybody else that may have took offense to my post.
Their customer service has investigated my concern and assure me that the way my payment was handled that credit card info could not have been stolen.
I have complete confidence in the details I was given by their support team and know they had nothing to do with my defrauded credit card.
One thing I can say is Decalgirl has excellent customer service and I will most definitely be doing business with them in the future.

Sound like a very positive Devolopment. Thank you for the updates.

P.s. I’m not a customer, and did not even know about decalgirl prior to you post.

Reactions: JS1600

John

**EDIT**
I have purchased from DecalGirl. No issues. Just for the record.

John

**EDIT**
John

Thank you for the update and information and thankfully things worked out on a positive note.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato