DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Has anyone ever heard of an improved antenna mod for a Mavic?

I can fly in a metropolitan city at low altitudes crowded with interference and still get a good distance without disruption. I'm honestly surprised you really need this.

It's new, so for now, stick to the antenna signal bouncers I guess. They worked for me on earlier model drones with poorer connectivity. So they might help wherever you're at.

Last edited:
Reactions: Elton Hammonds
I can fly in a metropolitan city at low altitudes crowded with interference and still get a good distance without disruption. I'm honestly surprised you really need this.

It's new, so for now, stick to the antenna signal bouncers I guess. They worked for me on earlier model drones with poorer connectivity. So they might help wherever you're at.
I already received my big ole antenna directly from the manufacturer and will installing it as soon as my wife let's me use her kitchen counter because my work bench in the garage is covered up with other projects. Hahaha! [emoji12] [emoji12] [emoji12]

I already received my big ole antenna directly from the manufacturer and will installing it as soon as my wife let's me use her kitchen counter because my work bench in the garage is covered up with other projects. Hahaha! [emoji12] [emoji12] [emoji12]
I forgot to attach the picture... Raptor%20XR%20Range%20Extender%20Mavic%20-%204.jpeg

You get several miles legally.
Why make it illegal for no real reason?

You get several miles legally.
Why make it illegal for no real reason?
Don't you have anything else to do besides find everything I post and post worthless replies to them?

You've been trolling me all morning, but my wife has had a few good laughs over them. ;)

And, once again, you don't have a clue about anything being discussed...

There's nothing illegal about clearer radio transmissions in the USA and not everyone is flying in the USA anyway.

There's nothing illegal about clearer radio transmissions in the USA and not everyone is flying in the USA anyway.

Yes there is. The FCC mode states a specific maximum ERP allowed. Antenna modifications increase that ERP beyond the legal maximum. You're allowed <= 26dBm. Which the mavic RC provides.

You should probably familiarise yourself with the actual rules.

Every country in the world has emission ERP limits in that band. The USA is allowed roughly twice the rest of the world power.

Yes there is. The FCC mode states a specific maximum ERP allowed. Antenna modifications increase that ERP beyond the legal maximum. You're allowed <= 26dBm. Which the mavic RC provides.

You should probably familiarise yourself with the actual rules.

Every country in the world has emission ERP limits in that band. The USA is allowed roughly twice the rest of the world power.

I have NEVER flown out of line of sight... however due to constant connection issues and lack of reliability with the default antenna's I upgraded all the factory supplied ones and now have zero issues. YMMV, haven't used boosters, however patch antenna's make a huge difference for my reliable connectivity.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan