DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Has anyone experienced Trouble with using DJI GO 4 APP. DJI support to help with no luck. Just want to get my firmware & FLY

Have you tried a different USB cable between your RC controller and your phone/tablet running Go 4? Try a cable [your phone/tablet's charging cable] taking it from the standard USB 2.0 port in the base of the controller to the phone/tablet, rather than from the mini-usb port on the RC controller's left side.

Have you tried a different USB cable between your RC controller and your phone/tablet running Go 4? Try a cable [your phone/tablet's charging cable] taking it from the standard USB 2.0 port in the base of the controller to the phone/tablet, rather than from the mini-usb port on the RC controller's left side.
Yes I have. The big problem is It will flash as it connected then say no need work found or use cell I've done both many times only once did I get it to connect on 3g. The program CJI Assistant I can not log into because of grayed out code. So basically nothing working. I can not understand why I can not log onto DJI internet program to be able to get the firmware.

Hmm - a lot of confusing stuff there ... You need to have the DJI Go 4 app' installed on your phone or tablet, and except for a couple of features with mapping, you can have your phone or tablet disconnected from Internet when you are using it in conjunction with your RC controller. You can get the DJI App from the Apple or Google store app's that come with your mobile device of course.

Hmm - a lot of confusing stuff there ... You need to have the DJI Go 4 app' installed on your phone or tablet, and except for a couple of features with mapping, you can have your phone or tablet disconnected from Internet when you are using it in conjunction with your RC controller. You can get the DJI App from the Apple or Google store app's that come with your mobile device of course.

ThumbswayupThanks for the reply. I had a friend over tonight that is a tech. He sat down at my computer and look everything over Security setting a so forth. He could not figure out why that box is greyed out. He pulled his windows 7 laptop out installed DJI Assistant software. SAME version I have. His fired right up. We took about an hour to upgrade Remote and the Mavic 2. It got late so we did not take it outside to check, but I hope I'm good for go. He also is very puzzled why my Windows 7 does what it doing!!! I also hope that in a different location where I have a good WiFi connection that my DJI GO 4 well do its thing updates then.

One question I have if anyone can answer:
What are your experiences updating the firmware with DJI GO 4 WiFi. :)

ThumbswayupThanks for the reply. I had a friend over tonight that is a tech. He sat down at my computer and look everything over Security setting a so forth. He could not figure out why that box is greyed out. He pulled his windows 7 laptop out installed DJI Assistant software. SAME version I have. His fired right up. We took about an hour to upgrade Remote and the Mavic 2. It got late so we did not take it outside to check, but I hope I'm good for go. He also is very puzzled why my Windows 7 does what it doing!!! I also hope that in a different location where I have a good WiFi connection that my DJI GO 4 well do its thing updates then.

Just takes a bit of time, but does it OK ... Just make sure your controller and phone are both fully charged, and you have a fully charged battery in the Mavic.

Just takes a bit of time, but does it OK ... Just make sure your controller and phone are both fully charged, and you have a fully charged battery in the Mavic.

Let me ask this in a different way. I have everything connect, and I have WiFi in my house. However, every time I connect it flashes on then off and says no network detected. I've heard that happens so I'm asking is that what anyone else finds.

Quite a number of us have had issues updating the AC firmware using the Go app. I've never been successful that way but no issues updating using Assistant, once I completely uninstalled old copies and installed latest.

Let me ask this in a different way. I have everything connect, and I have WiFi in my house. However, every time I connect it flashes on then off and says no network detected. I've heard that happens so I'm asking is that what anyone else finds.
I'm still confused as to your reference to WiFi ... If you carry out a firmware update using the Go 4 app' then you don't need to link anything with WiFi ... You connect your phone/tablet to the controller (with the USB cable), start the app', turn on the controller, turn on the Mavic - and then the Go 4 app should prompt you to carry out the firmware upgrade (if the Mavic needs it). My understanding is that its using the RC connection between the controller and the Mavic to do the upgrade ... see: How to Update the Mavic 2 Firmware with DJI GO 4 | Heliguy ...
If you use the 'DJI Assistant 2' software loaded on your PC, then the connection to the Mavic is done using USB from the PC to the micro-USB port on the side of the Mavic. Still no WiFi involved ...

A sudden thought - are you trying to connect your phone/tablet to the Mavic using WiFi WITHOUT using the DJI RC controller??? If this is the case, the WiFi you are looking for is the WiFi transmission from the Mavic itself. You switch this on using the small RC / WiFi switch that's under the same side hatch as the micro-SD card. You need to flip that switch to WiFi and then use the WiFi identity and encryption code that you can see on the QR code label on the front leg of the Mavic, or on the label in the battery compartment to connect your phone/tablet to the Mavic ...
However - I'd still recommend you do the firmware upgrade from the Go 4 app' using the phone/tablet connected to the RC controller ... with everything fully charged!

I had similar issues using the dji assistant app and the Go4 app on my Samsung Note 8. Finally loaded the app on my wifes Iphone and the firmware installed without issue.

I always update over wifi but downgrade and mode on PC.
This site has helped in some cases. Tips setting up your device.

I had similar issues using the dji assistant app and the Go4 app on my Samsung Note 8. Finally loaded the app on my wifes Iphone and the firmware installed without issue.
Might be USB port settings is missing debugging App on connection.

I'm still confused as to your reference to WiFi ... If you carry out a firmware update using the Go 4 app' then you don't need to link anything with WiFi ... You connect your phone/tablet to the controller (with the USB cable), start the app', turn on the controller, turn on the Mavic - and then the Go 4 app should prompt you to carry out the firmware upgrade (if the Mavic needs it). My understanding is that its using the RC connection between the controller and the Mavic to do the upgrade ... see: How to Update the Mavic 2 Firmware with DJI GO 4 | Heliguy ...
If you use the 'DJI Assistant 2' software loaded on your PC, then the connection to the Mavic is done using USB from the PC to the micro-USB port on the side of the Mavic. Still no WiFi involved ...
And how is the app supposed to retrieve the firmware to upload to the AC if the app doesn't have internet?

And how is the app supposed to retrieve the firmware to upload to the AC if the app doesn't have internet?
That's what's confusing about this thread ... Are we dealing with a Drone issue, or a general IT issue regarding the set up of the WiFi in Slidewizard's house???

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harley1905