DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Has anyone flown his Mavic Air on Baffin Island, Nunavut?

Flying Nun

Reactions
I'm new to drones and just bought my first Mavic Air last week. I've been learning the ropes and following tutorials. I got a shock when I read how difficult it is to fly the drone in Arctic regions.
I'm going to Baffin Island for a week towards the end of May and my goal was to take it with me. Now after reading that one should fly the drone in ATTI mode and how tricky it can be, I'm not sure it's a good idea to take it with me.
Any similar experiences out there? thanks

Drones work just fine in Iceland (there is even a DJI store in Reykjavik), and the latitude is almost identical to the Baffin Islands. I haven't been to the Baffin islands myself to verify though, but I can't see it being a problem based on similar latitudes.

Wind and temperature will likely be your biggest enemies.

Reactions: dawgpilot
Drones work just fine in Iceland (there is even a DJI store in Reykjavik), and the latitude is almost identical to the Baffin Islands. I haven't been to the Baffin islands myself to verify though, but I can't see it being a problem based on similar latitudes.

Wind and temperature will likely be your biggest enemies.

Make sure you keep your batteries warm before flying. For example you can keep them in your jacket so they stay warm via body heat. Cold batteries don't fly well at all. Once the drone takes off, the battery heats up from use so you should be fine after that.

Make sure you keep your batteries warm before flying. For example you can keep them in your jacket so they stay warm via body heat. Cold batteries don't fly well at all. Once the drone takes off, the battery heats up from use so you should be fine after that.
Thanks for the tip! I will definitely take care of the batteries and keep them warm!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karajovic